Sign in to follow this  
Jonnybaws

New Shoes for the Doha and 57th Street..

Jonnybaws

Next batch of straps from Eric (AKA Donerix/Hamilton Leather Works)...

Rep leather straps for the most part, that come with APs are at best average..

The 57th St strap is pretty poor the strap that came with the Doha is half decent but again, no where near has good as a custom real croc strap..

The Straps...

IMG_20150212_120653.jpg

The Grey strap is a nice slate grey, hard to photopgraph, even more so with my skills.

The Black'ish Brown strap is really nice in person, again, a strap that is hard to photograph!

Current Doha setup and new strap...

IMG_20150212_120351.jpg

IMG_20150212_120447.jpg

IMG_20150212_120521.jpg

Fitted..

IMG_20150212_145611.jpg

IMG_20150212_145620.jpg

IMG_20150212_145629.jpg

IMG_20150212_145636.jpg

IMG_20150212_145851.jpg

57th Street setup and new strap...

IMG_20150212_120736.jpg

IMG_20150212_120753.jpg

IMG_20150212_120838.jpg

IMG_20150212_1225182.jpg

Mounted..

IMG_20150212_140900.jpg

IMG_20150212_140908.jpg

IMG_20150212_140926.jpg

IMG_20150212_140936.jpg

IMG_20150212_140943.jpg

IMG_20150212_145831.jpg

Already make the APs look and feel better in my humble opinion...

Eric does very good work, shame the postal service where he lives is shockingly slow, that's not his fault :D

Chiquita Fanjita

Both look great, but really like the grey hornback mate :)

Chiruku

Cant be many spaces left in the box now mate? :P

Jonnybaws

Cheers Andy.. I like the Grey too... but the one for the 57th St is actually better in the (on the) flesh...

Eric meet my remit with regards to this strap, thankfully I can now wear the 57th St, had been sitting in my box for nearly a month due to the rep strap being pish!

Cant be many spaces left in the box now mate? :P

3... but those spots have been lined up by possible purchases :D

Jonnybaws

Must admit of the 5 straps I got off Eric (one now with Andy after he bought my Safari)...

Really liking the strap for the 57th St, complements the watch great from a distance and close up...

Hmm, maybe I need to buy a few more watches so I can get Eric to make me some more straps...

On second thought... maybe not... :throwingmoney:

andyboy

Looking great

:thumbsup:

AndyBlue

Must admit of the 5 straps I got off Eric (one now with Andy after he bought my Safari)...

Really liking the strap for the 57th St, complements the watch great from a distance and close up...

Hmm, maybe I need to buy a few more watches so I can get Eric to make me some more straps...

mo-money-mo-problems.jpeg

Jonnybaws

mo-money-mo-problems.jpeg

Indeed, that and the fact that my wifes left shoe (she's right footed but equally deadly with the left) would be firmly stuck up my arse if I don't calm down...

Markrfc

Out of interest mate how long did it take to receive your straps from Donerix?

Ishmael

Damn JB... I mean... damn.

Jonnybaws

Eric doesn't take long to make them, week, maybe 2 max, its just the time it takes for the Nicaragua Post office to ship'em...

Total, from order to wrist, 5 weeks, not bad in the grand scheme of things..

Jonnybaws

Just the one strap left to come, this ones coming from Vic though.. for the soon to be here Bumble Bee, now that is a combo I'm looking forward to ;)

Markrfc

Eric doesn't take long to make them, week, maybe 2 max, its just the time it takes for the Nicaragua Post office to ship'em...

Cheers that sets my mind at rest I've been waiting since December for my croc bund.

Ishmael

Just the one strap left to come, this ones coming from Vic though.. for the soon to be here Bumble Bee, now that is a combo I'm looking forward to ;)

Yeah I think I'm gonna do Vic for the DR, and maybe for the RG Themes too. The RG strap isn't bad, its just pretty short for my fat wrists :) What I'd really like for the DR is one similar to what Sardonix has; sort of an almost-black brown, with lighter spots at the stress points (like the horn). Fucking gorgeous.

Off topic: I'm planning on getting one of those Rainer boxes, and I'm wondering if, when closed, does the height of the APs leave a significant mark on the underside of the lid (are the APs too tall)?

Jonnybaws

Cheers that sets my mind at rest I've been waiting since December for my croc bund.

I do know he's got a big order from some shop in Miami and he's also doing some OEM work as well now and is over the Bloody side of Busy..

Jonnybaws

Yeah I think I'm gonna do Vic for the DR, and maybe for the RG Themes too. The RG strap isn't bad, its just pretty short for my fat wrists :) What I'd really like for the DR is one similar to what Sardonix has; sort of an almost-black brown, with lighter spots at the stress points (like the horn). Fucking gorgeous.

Off topic: I'm planning on getting one of those Rainer boxes, and I'm wondering if, when closed, does the height of the APs leave a significant mark on the underside of the lid (are the APs too tall)?

I too asked for the Sardonix strap for my Don from Eric.. but that was a one off hide and he's not been able to source anything like that again..

The one I have on my 57th St now, is the nearest to that strap, well that is what Eric told me..

I've put it up against the Don and, it'd work on that too, so if I ever get bored of the current setup I could always swap them over..

From what I've read, Vic makes some quality straps and I think this one will be great on the Bumble Bee..

IU1k6qL.jpg?1

Ishmael

That's awesome... god these ROOs are gonna ruin me... Rooin me... :facepalm:

peterpl

do those straps have inserts? Doesnt look like it?

Jonnybaws

Regarding the Rainer's, yes, they do leave a slight indent in the roof of the box but only noticed that since I put them on the new straps, which are a bit longer..

Jonnybaws
do those straps have inserts? Doesnt look like it?

These don't but not an issue when installing them.. I may have to do the grey one again..

Fit and finish is still very good though

Pseudonym

Fuck me that Doha is a Bonnie bit of Kit Omar... Dibs when you get bored!! Haha!!

Jonnybaws

Maybe bit of a wait then Rob, t'is currently one of my favourites, esp on its new shoes ;)

kamellip

+1 for 57th street. One of the best out there.

plankton

Nice JB! 57 color goes great, stitch color goes great.

midasmook

I love Eric's straps and he does great work, the only fault with the AP straps is the fact he doesn't use inserts.