Sign in to follow this  
Hornet

Pelagos from Toro.....

Hornet

So, I managed to dodge CNY and got my Pelagos delivered today from Toro (hoping my next purchase is the same.....). Managed to call DHL and get them to keep the package at their delivery office, as I was at work, picked it up afterwards and opened it whilst still in their car park; couldn't resist....

Anyway, first off lets have some photos, not brilliant as I did have much time and the light was fading.....

P1040766_zpslbeiborc.jpg

P1040765_zpsoltuekte.jpg

P1040763_zps1opvds5i.jpg

P1040762_zpsyt1jbs42.jpg

P1040760_zpsmazg1tyy.jpg

P1040756_zpscctuoioz.jpg

P1040755_zpsv5mx5ezc.jpg

P1040754_zpsvmfyosnh.jpg

P1040750_zps4ujwqcbw.jpg

P1040743_zpsjz2ja7uk.jpg

P1040740_zpsypapgemg.jpg

P1040738_zpskztbg3gw.jpg

P1040759_zpsnkiyoku1.jpg

Watch is beautiful and I reckon this could become a firm favorite; lovely and light (because it's Ti.....doh!) and really doesn't feel so heavy as my Omega 45mm PO, which now will feel like a beast. Strap is good, not tried the rubber strap yet, but this looks OK, nicely finished and was easy to adjust for size. Clasp is good and it actually all works and feels tight; just like the rest of the bracelet.

Size is perfect for me, 40mm subs were too small and this at 42mm feels just perfect. So glad that I got this over the SOA 44 chrono!!

Downsides:

Some of the lume application on the bezel is a bit sloppy, but only noticeable really close up, so I can live with that.

Bezel feels loose, not incredibly loose, but not as tight when turned as my other reps - I'm sure this is an easy fix.

Funny, the QC pictures seemed to make the watch look badly finished, but I think it must be the Titanium and that Toro's QC pictures weren't very high resolution, but in the flesh it is lovely.......

Sacura

Lovely watch.

Enjoy it!

peter917

Nice review. The Pelagos is next on my list.

Is this the KW build or the Zfactory?

zsolie

Check the crown shape and the beezel markers distance. It's a V6 Pelagos.

masmannan

Very nice. If its a keeper perhaps worth getting Kenny to super lume it.

I tried on the Gen and its certainly a sweet watch.

mag8

I see you mentioned bad lume application on the bezel, mine is a bit wobbly as well, it appears as if they put just a bit too much lume in the numbers, is that the case also for yours?