Sign in to follow this  
rusty peters

When to be concerned with USPS?

rusty peters

I ordered a Blaken Sub from Reg and I suspect the post office staff likes their new watch. It was ordered on the 24th of January and hit New York on 1/31. It took 8 days to get from the original USPS sort facility to the next USPS facility. It supposedly left the NY post office on the 8th and it hasn't been updated since.

I am in Michigan and the usual transit time from NY to MI is a day or maybe two. Is anybody else seeing ridiculous shipping times in the US? Am I being paranoid? When I order from Reg, his packages arrive at Amazon speed. This time, USPS seems to be doing everything in their power to screw it up.

I assume the answer is: Wait and when I am done, wait some more. Is that what I should keep doing?

triplehd

hate to say but anytime ordering from overseas -its a wait game. Some can get it withiin 4 days, some 3 weeks.

Realism

I've had a package from the UK go to NY only to be sent to Spain :picard: before coming back to the States... go figure

SackOHammers

Yeah... but this package is already in the U.S. He's saying it left New York enroute to MIchigan on Sunday. And it's Friday now.

Earlier this week, the USPS site had a huge banner saying there were delays in the NorthEast due to weather. So, you should afford some time there. Could be your item is sitting on a trailer that got re-routed, or is sitting in a parking lot somewhere. So, it's longer than normal, but you're probably still OK. It's only been 4 total business days since it went out of NY.

Realism

Yeah... but this package is already in the U.S. He's saying it left New York enroute to MIchigan on Sunday. And it's Friday now.

Earlier this week, the USPS site had a huge banner saying there were delays in the NorthEast due to weather. So, you should afford some time there. Could be your item is sitting on a trailer that got re-routed, or is sitting in a parking lot somewhere. So, it's longer than normal, but you're probably still OK. It's only been 4 total business days since it went out of NY.

The point is - you can never predict USPS - common sense doesn't apply there

SackOHammers

Is it the U.S. Postal Service's fault that your package from the U.K got sent to Spain before going to the U.S.? Something tells me that all that happened before it got into the hands of the USPS. Unless your story above is missing some details.

peteins

UPS drivers are always high, do not trust them

pNLnNZS.jpg

Edited by peteins

69-Watch

When to be concerned with USPS?

When you use them!! :itchyandscratchy:

Realism

Is it the U.S. Postal Service's fault that your package from the U.K got sent to Spain before going to the U.S.? Something tells me that all that happened before it got into the hands of the USPS. Unless your story above is missing some details.

Yes it is. https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=RN078020569GB

again - logic doesn't work with USPS

rusty peters

Reg will probably see it go by his house in the UK before I see it. I find USPS to be very reliable....the let you down every time without fail.

rusty peters

The saga continues. It was updated on Feb 14 and was out for delivery while I was out with the family. I had a notice in my mailbox that the package was at the post office. Monday was a holiday and I was out of town on Tuesday. I went in this morning and the postal workers cannot find the package anywhere. They are going to talk to the carrier that goes to my house and hopefully he is not wearing the Rolex Blaken. They took my phone number in case they find it.

Professionals.

SackOHammers

Rusty, I am going through this EXACT same thing with a RIOS1931 alligator leather strap that I purchased from watchparts24.de

On Friday the 6th, the letter carrier put a tag on my door. This is because all Registered Mail requires a signature. The door tag said to go to the post office after 8:30 AM on Feb 7th to pick it up. That was a Saturday, so I went in on Monday. They couldn't find the package within the post office, took a photocopy of my door tag, and took my phone number. No call. So Wedensday I went in again. Couldn't find package. Called the Post Office main number, they couldn't help. FInally called Consumer Affairs and explained it. Then they said they'd open a case for investigation and get back to me within 48 hours. That would have been Feb. 13. I still haven't heard from them.

The problem is the regular letter carrier was out on Friday and a substitude took over the route that day. When they got back to the post office, this substitute carrier did not correctly put the package where it should have gone within the post office. Nobody can find it. I hope you have a better resolution than I.

But you're exactly right about what they're doing today. They're going to contact the letter carrier and try to find out where they put the package at the end of the day. But if they don't get back to you at the end of today, I would simply call the USPS consumer / customer affairs and get the ball rolling there. They'll push the lackeys at the local post office to find that package and get the supervisors involved. They take their Registered Packages seriously.

Fretless_Llama

I recently had a package leave NY going to me in Wisconsin. It normally takes only a day or two to get to the sorting facility in my state. The package went to GA, and sat for a few days (I think 6), then went somewhere else, then back to GA, then to Illinois, then finally to Wisconsin. I was going crazy!

I hope your package arrives safely, even though it is taking the scenic route.

rusty peters

Good call on that Rios1931 strap. I love that brand.

So what happens if the package is MIA? Is there any recourse? This could get interesting with a rep. I can tell them that I am a fake person who ordered a fake watch.

Fretless_Llama

Good call on that Rios1931 strap. I love that brand.

So what happens if the package is MIA? Is there any recourse? This could get interesting with a rep. I can tell them that I am a fake person who ordered a fake watch.

If it's truly lost, it's on them to prove it's a fake. ;)

RUSH2112

I would say the weather in the northeast could be having an impact. Marvelous replica did just advise me to change shipping options to avoid going through customs in Chicago due to having several watches siezed recently.

triplehd

Marvelous replica did just advise me to change shipping options to avoid going through customs in Chicago due to having several watches siezed recently.

What are the new shipping options?

rusty peters

I always thought Chicago was the safest option. New York had the bad reputation. My situation is a bit murkier than a simple customs seizure. My watch was at my front door and because I was out, the postal carrier lost it. I bet it will turn up eventually.

SackOHammers

Well, unless insurance was paid for, then it doesn't matter. They're not going to reimburse you the cost of your replica (if lost), or my strap. Registered Mail is one thing, but it's not insured mail. The only recourse I have is to go to the seller and tell them it never reached me. If they don't want to send another, then I'm out $205, because the post office isn't going to give me any money.

Dendo

Weather is awful, lots of reasons for delays, I would leave it another 4 weeks before getting stressed. These things happen. My first order from China was 3 months getting to me..... life is too short to stress out about it all.

RUSH2112

Marvelous replica did just advise me to change shipping options to avoid going through customs in Chicago due to having several watches siezed recently.

What are the new shipping options?

They suggested airmail because it would go through a different city

rusty peters

I went back today and got my watch. No calls and no attempt to deliver it. It was in the safe at the post office. Wow.

SackOHammers

Congrats. So the carrier, at the end of his day, either didn't put it where he was supposed to, or had held onto it. Then brought it into the post office the next day.... or someone found it in the wrong spot.

I'm pretty sure that's what has happened with mine. The supervisor even said they have an area with about a thousand packages and it's all misplaced stuff. And they kind of work through it when they have time. They said my package was probably in there and it'll eventually turn up. I'm like, WTF. Get some contractors in there and work through that damn queue. Of course they're Union, so that won't happen.

nunu78

The point is - you can never predict USPS - common sense doesn't apply there

+1,

nunu78

I always thought Chicago was the safest option. New York had the bad reputation. My situation is a bit murkier than a simple customs seizure. My watch was at my front door and because I was out, the postal carrier lost it. I bet it will turn up eventually.

there is a thread about sizures at ISC chicago on Geek and thats stoping me for a new purchases outside CONUS.