Sign in to follow this  
rusty peters

When to be concerned with USPS?

RUSH2112

I always thought Chicago was the safest option. New York had the bad reputation. My situation is a bit murkier than a simple customs seizure. My watch was at my front door and because I was out, the postal carrier lost it. I bet it will turn up eventually.

there is a thread about sizures at ISC chicago on Geek and thats stoping me for a new purchases outside CONUS.

Marvelous replica (and I'm assuming the other TDs) can tell which city you're watch is going to pass through customs by your zip code. Apparently, switching to airmail changed this scenario and is allowing watches to get around the crackdown.

2004boss

Yeah one of mine was caught in chicago. M went the airmail route on the next one. It's much slower but hopefully this one gets through

Spackjarrow

I had a watch purchased from a member on rwi. 6 weeks ago. A franken. He shipped it out to UAE from USA visa usps first class mail. Is been 5 weeks and the package, apparently is still in transit! I'm loosing my sleep over it. Almost 1000 USD into the datejust 36

RUSH2112
I had a watch purchased from a member on rwi. 6 weeks ago. A franken. He shipped it out to UAE from USA visa usps first class mail. Is been 5 weeks and the package, apparently is still in transit! I'm loosing my sleep over it. Almost 1000 USD into the datejust 36

I think the solution is bumping every usps thread on rwg and complaining about it.

Spackjarrow

I think the solution is bumping every usps thread on rwg and complaining about it.

That was one, or may be some kind soul from the community may tell me he/she has had a similar experience and either advice me to forget about it altogether, or be patient.