Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

NEWS: There's a new new 5227 rep!!

_DC_

As the title says, I spyed on Perfect Clones website that there is a NEW new rep of the 5227. This time with a Miyota movement (pretty but noisy). But, it looks to be a completely different maker to the last one. For starters there are subtle case differences, including an alleged profile thickness of 9.5 as per gen, but also the hinge work on the officers caseback looks different... it looks better to be more precise, tidier both at the hinge and the mount. It also has the wonderful mirrored finish on the inside which is a feature I love on the gen!!

Best of all though, for nerds like me, it has pegged spring bars, it's like a real Patek!!!!!

It's the little things :)

Have a look and let me know what you think, usual slightly poor quality images from PC but you get the idea...

http://www.pf-818.com/pp00801-5227-calastrava-auto-ssle-p-17030.html

(Click twice kids!!!)

DC

_DC_

PS: roll on pay day, I think I may have to get me one of these, it looks promising!

DC

Laz730

Nice!! Thanks for the heads up!! The thing I didn't like with the first rep is it did not have the mirror finish inside the officer case back.

Gmtaddict

Damn it DC, barely got the previous version that you make me want another!

Jonnybaws

Meh

:giggle:

Barth

DW looks more sunken on this one... Deal breaker for me.

Martijn0007

Indeed. That's a big let down.

It's very weird how that datewheel is so sunken. I've never seen any watch with a miyota movement that had this issue.

But hey, miyota is a great movement and it's good to see more and more Patek reps comming out!

Edited by Martijn0007

_DC_

It's very weird how that datewheel is so sunken. I've never seen any watch with a miyota movement that had this issue.

But hey, miyota is a great movement and it's good to see more and more Patek reps comming out!

I'm inclined to think it's just the lighting they used for the photo, I can see no reason whatsoever that it would have a sunken datewheel given the movement and the proportions of the watch!!!

DC

kennycoder

I'm inclined to think it's just the lighting they used for the photo, I can see no reason whatsoever that it would have a sunken datewheel given the movement and the proportions of the watch!!!

DC

Indeed. PC and Trusty are very well knows for their horrible photo skills. Let's wait for some QC samples that they usually post after some orders.

Jmd

I have a really hard time w the miyota movements. Had the 8XXX in an Omega AT and had to.sell the watch it was so loud. Have not tried.the 9XXX, is it much better?

Phantomtech

Great :thumbdown: The order with the older version is in transit to me now...

RussP

WTF is a Calastrava anyway ?

Daywatch

9,5 mm thickness only despite the hidden hinges and opening caseback sounds very well in a sea of "too-thick" reps.

Barth
I have a really hard time w the miyota movements. Had the 8XXX in an Omega AT and had to.sell the watch it was so loud. Have not tried.the 9XXX, is it much better?

The 9015 is a stellar movement in my experience.

_DC_

The 9015 is a stellar movement in my experience.

It's still a fairly noisy movement, it'll go spinning round wildly if you make sudden movements and you find yourself going "what's that noise" then realising!

DC

Gmtaddict

Hopefully the caseback will act as a second barrier and filter some of that noise....

Mike on a bike

"It's still a fairly noisy movement, it'll go spinning round wildly if you make sudden movements and you find yourself going "what's that noise" then realising!"

Can't that be remedied by a watchsmith .................

Mike on a bike

Date wheel if sunken , can you double it on this one.

_DC_
"It's still a fairly noisy movement, it'll go spinning round wildly if you make sudden movements and you find yourself going "what's that noise" then realising!"

Can't that be remedied by a watchsmith .................

No, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just that the Miyota movement has a unidirectional winding rotor, so in one direction it winds and there is resistance but in the other direction it just spins freely!!

DC

lef808

DC

Indeed. PC and Trusty are very well knows for their horrible photo skills. Let's wait for some QC samples that they usually post after some orders.

Not sure if the rules have changed recently, but I believe QC photo posts are not allowed anymore if that is what you are referring to. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Kleen™

DC

The 8000-series and the 9000-series are worlds apart in my experience...the latter being far superior!

_DC_

DC

Not sure if the rules have changed recently, but I believe QC photo posts are not allowed anymore if that is what you are referring to. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

You're not wrong, just mistaken. QC photos aren't allowed to be posted on the forum here, but we're talking about Perfect Clones and Trusty Time (two of our trusted dealers) who often post QC examples of their watches on their website to show how the watches really looks (because the photography hey use on their sites isn't very good)!!

DC

lef808

DC

You're not wrong, just mistaken. QC photos aren't allowed to be posted on the forum here, but we're talking about Perfect Clones and Trusty Time (two of our trusted dealers) who often post QC examples of their watches on their website to show how the watches really looks (because the photography hey use on their sites isn't very good)!!

DC

Terrific! Looking forward to them. Thanks for the clarification

I guess we will have to wait until the New Year holiday is over!!

Edited by lef808

peteins

anybody know if there is a Rose gold version of this new line of 5227's? im thinking that they might get the off white yellowy colour correct to gen instead of the "too yellowyness"of the previous version

lef808

Happy New Year to all the TDs! :)