Sign in to follow this  
Vuralism

Which PAM ? 111 vs 510 vs 312/328

Vuralism

Hi all,

After 6 months of being in this world and originally disliking PAM's I like a lot of people have turned around to like the look and history this posses.

After reading, and reading and well you get the idea! I have narrowed the look and feel of the PAMs that speak to me, they look pretty similar to each other, but have different movements!

I know its a personal choice but just wanted to see what the smart folks who have or also want to get these could give their opinions, after all I think of you as my family :)

I like the simplicity of the 111 dial, I am concerned about the date window for the 312/328 since I don't think I would wear it everyday and already dislike updating my boctok every now and then BUT love the 1950 case look.

Movement wise these are all super or first class reps so that's all good.

So over to you :)

Thanks!

PAM111

PAM111-deficopiar.jpg

PAM 312

PAM312-final-deficopiar.jpg

PAM 328

PAM328-deficopiar.jpg

PAM 510

PAM510copiar_zpsb87b4555.jpg

Admin edit: Poll removed to prevent further bumping due to votes. PAM111 won by a clear margin.

Ishmael

I vote a mix between the 111 and the 510 - the 511. Rose gold is purdy :D

Phanphy

I've actually owned both the 111 and the 510! They're both stunning watches (quite similar in appearance), but I prefer the 510 KW because of the unique movement :) Either way, you won't go wrong!

dhistory

Have you ever tried on PAMs? After going to an AD to try them on for the first time, I realized the case on the 1950 was too thick. I think the 111 has a slightly thinner case.

Chavezzito

I think that unless you put up a pic of them so that we don't have to google them I will not vote ;-)

Genius

Go for the 312,

DSC_0507_zpszrofytdz.jpg

Vuralism

I think that unless you put up a pic of them so that we don't have to google them I will not vote ;-)

lol happy?

Vuralism

Have you ever tried on PAMs? After going to an AD to try them on for the first time, I realized the case on the 1950 was too thick. I think the 111 has a slightly thinner case.

Haven't gone to an AD but according to ALE's guide

PAM 111 is 17mm thick

PAM 312 is 16.5mm thick

PAM 510 is 15 mm thick

so this is much of a muchness IMO sizewise at least.

Jonnybaws

The end!

Mike 1108

Have the 328 - wear it daily. Have a 127 like it, but manual wind is a pain in the ass every day.

Have a Fifty Fathoms - new favorite.

Want 438O Ceramic (Tuttonero)

Manual wind without date = weekend watch. Gotta have the date.

Daywatch

Most probably 510 because of the sandwich dial. Maybe the 312....

Chavezzito

lol happy?

Very much, thank you! :lol:

I vote for the 312! Don't know why but in the pictures it's the one I like best and I need a date on my watches.

Genius

The 1950 case on the 312 is just that bit more stylish than the normal luminor case on the other 2.

I got my 312 last week and its my favourite pam and one of my favourite watches. I think the only thing that could beat it is the 438 if I ever get round to buying one

BentleySharp

I have a 312, but I would say go with the 328 if it comes on a SS bracelet... That way you've got the bracelet if you want it. If you buy a Panerai on a rep leather strap, you'll just have to replace the strap anyway. They are garbage.

N.Rico

Every pam lover must have a 111 ,

beleive me you will not be disappointed ,6497 movements are very good .

mine says hello

IMG_9927_zps14086379.jpg

Genius

I have a 312, but I would say go with the 328 if it comes on a SS bracelet... That way you've got the bracelet if you want it. If you buy a Panerai on a rep leather strap, you'll just have to replace the strap anyway. They are garbage.

I have to agree with you that it definitely would be nice to have the bracelet option, although the rep strap on my KW 312 wasn't actually bad

avrahamk1

PAM 111 V3, it's on my wish list also

strozzi

Love all of them, but as I get older I find the polished cases a bit too flashy. Gradually swapping to brushed and titanium cases, a bit softer and elegant IMHO.

Vuralism

Every pam lover must have a 111 ,

beleive me you will not be disappointed ,6497 movements are very good .

mine says hello

IMG_9927_zps14086379.jpg

Love all of them, but as I get older I find the polished cases a bit too flashy. Gradually swapping to brushed and titanium cases, a bit softer and elegant IMHO.

How have you found the cases to be regarding dings and scratches? another reason why you are moving to brushed and titanium?

Phizzy

177 it is then...?

Here's my 111 on my own strap.

PSX_20150118_092556_zpscdo86lfy.jpg

Seand83
I vote a mix between the 111 and the 510 - the 511. Rose gold is purdy :D

Good pick Ish lol

Seand83

I chose between the same watches when I was deciding what to go with. I went 111. And love the thing.

NFleischer

The 111 is thicker than the 312?? I have both and you can't go wrong with either.

The SS bracelet becomes heavy IMO. The 312 is a bit more stylish

I feel. The 1950 case is less common than the Luminor.

Vuralism

There is a lot of love for the 111 hehe

My wife banned me from purchasing anything until christmas as we have a little on on the way, thanks for your input and keep your votes going.

meanwhile I will figure out a way to acquire items with a valid reason ;)

Dochere2

111... Good looking watch, more accurate than the other two from a rep standpoint, good price point and plenty of room for improvement should you get the mod bug...