Sign in to follow this  
JBJtw

Grand Seiko

JBJtw

Hi guys,

Probably not got a chance to chat to most of you but I am lucky enough to work for a fairly well known watch company and today I was blessed with a fantastic opportunity. I got chance to sit down and try on 12 different models of Grand Seiko watches.

*Pics are in posts 9,10,11 excuse the fingerprints on the watches I was playing around with them quite a bit!*

I have to say without a doubt they are now up there with my favourite watches, the craftsmanship, care and skill that has gone into making and designing these watches is absolutely incredible. They are probably the best made watches I've ever seen and I don't want to upset anyone with this comment but they blow Rolex's out of the water! The Hi-Beat and the Spring Drive models are just beyond belief!

Has anyone had any experience with these and has anyone got one?

There's a particular one I have my eye on and hopefully can come to an arrangement for in the next few months!

Edited by JBJtw

Mazz

no pics?????????

trailboss99

:ttiwwop:

GS are by far the best value in a quality watch there is and about the only non European Haute Horology pieces in existence. Truly superb examples of the watchmaker's art.

chrish8
:ttiwwop:

trailboss99

Is there an echo in here?

Mazz

Is there an echo in here?

JBJtw

Haha I was expecting that but let's just say it wasn't appropriate for pics where I was. Hopefully I'm going back tomorrow and will be able to get some good pics and the drooling can begin!

JBJtw

First up are the snaps I took today of the amazing Hi-Beat model, what a watch. Excuse my particularly poor photography skills.

20150226_174011_resized.jpg20150226_174041_resized.jpg20150226_174051_resized.jpg20150226_174131_resized.jpg

JBJtw

Second we have the Spring Drive Diver. Having had a bit of a lecture on the Spring Drive recently I can quite happily say I am i awe of these watches.

20150226_174250_resized.jpg20150226_174258_resized.jpg20150226_174311_resized.jpg

JBJtw

And finally my personal favourite, the champagne face on the brown leather. The blue of the second hand is stunning. This is model I'm hoping to purchase soon.

20150226_174459_resized.jpg20150226_174518_resized.jpg20150226_174613_resized.jpg

NFleischer

Nice- how big are they?

Kleen™

GSs are awesome watches...I'd like me some...;-)

graman

Brilliant.....

Mike on a bike

"And finally my personal favourite, the champagne face on the brown leather." mine also ............ but the price!

Stewart

Some of the grand seikos are over $5,000. Pretty expensive investment.

Mazz

Nice love those

RussP

The champagne dial on leather band has my vote.

Thanks for sharing.

JBJtw

Prices are as follows, the Grand Seiko Hi Beat is around the £5,000 mark. The Spring Drive Diver is around £5,300. The Champagne dial on leather is around £3,800. Obviously it's fairly easy to score some discount on these but I think if you have the money they are a worthwhile investment.

The Spring Drive technology is incredible, it works by generating electricity to regulate a break that is then applied to the escapement wheel and so creating simply the smoothest sweep in any watch, there is literally no beats it is just a sweep.

Nice- how big are they?

Size wise they range from 37mm to 44mm. The champagne dress watch is 37 I believe.

Mike on a bike

Well 37mm counts me out will look silly on my wrists,was going to have to sell a kidney to but it anyway.

sbryantgb

Thanks for sharing, I'm really starting to appreciate Seiko

RUSH2112

Champagne dial ftw

Kleen™

Grand Seikos are the sublimation of everything the swiss watchmakers could ever dream of being...

Awesome pieces of horology!

tzsteve

Amazing.... that spring drive diver is my ultimate grail watch... Thanks for sharing this with us

loiidol

I really love that diver! That diver and MM600 are the 2 seiko divers I really hope to have the opportunity to own one day!