Sign in to follow this  
Qwertt

Will Noob V5 Submariner no date probably be more gen-like than the date version?

Qwertt

I'm quite new to reps, but from what I've understood the cyclops and date magnification on Rolex reps can make the watch a less accurate replication. Would you recommend me to buy the no date version instead? I will buy Noob V5 Submariner (and wait for no date version if this is likely to be a more accurate replication).

Thanks.

Gazzla

I'm quite new to reps, but from what I've understood the cyclops and date magnification on Rolex reps can make the watch a less accurate replication. Would you recommend me to buy the no date version instead? I will buy Noob V5 Submariner (and wait for no date version if this is likely to be a more accurate replication).

Thanks.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=96149

kennycoder

I think that yes, it will be more accurate, especially considering shitty craftsmanship when it comes to DWO alignment, cyclop gluing and so on. But some people cannot live with the date :P

dfq23

Less to fuck up usually means more accurate. Date wheels are one of my own personal bug bears: white wheels instead of black, wrong font, wrong positioning of the window, misalignment

tonyh7

I think the cyclops is just ugly no matter how well its done. One of my 2 issues with rollies. The other being too much writing and stuff all over them. Though the noob v5 sub does look nice and sparkly, and have to confess I'm a teeensy bit tempted.

Venomous

You could always wait till BK gets the V5 and let him work his magic?

V

dhistory

Gazzla's review of the 116610 is awesome. I got a pm from Toro to expect his 114060 in about a month. I'm a sub fan, but crystal height and the slightest height in all rep cyclops drive me nuts. It may have just been my paranoia, but my gen 116710 help me realize the difference between rep and gen cyclops can be spotted at an angle a few feet away.

bda9016c7877b8dca6498870ebc788db.jpg

MetalMickey

Who has the best sub?

bajamaja

Gazzla's review of the 116610 is awesome. I got a pm from Toro to expect his 114060 in about a month. I'm a sub fan, but crystal height and the slightest height in all rep cyclops drive me nuts. It may have just been my paranoia, but my gen 116710 help me realize the difference between rep and gen cyclops can be spotted at an angle a few feet away.

bda9016c7877b8dca6498870ebc788db.jpg

is the rep cyclops higher? or what are the difference? :)

dhistory

I haven't seen a noob cyclops, but compared it to a TC I have and a cheapie sub. IMO, At a profile angle, gen cyclops curves sooner compared to reps that I've seen that seem to be flat/tall before curving begins.

Disclaimer...I'm a noob watch enthusiast with a humble collection,

dhistory

Here's a rep sub cyclops

eb7ff91ea5d8eb70cdb06d4070b125a6.jpg

Realism

i walk around with my head tilted sideways (shoulder to shoulder) to call people wearing a rep rolex out

Genius
i walk around with my head tilted sideways (shoulder to shoulder) to call people wearing a rep rolex out

:rofl: I cover my watch up when I see someone walking like that.. Not because I'm scared of it being called out I'm worried they may try and eat it

nuttcrac69
Who has the best sub?

Pretty soon I will..... :lol:

Realism
Who has the best sub?

Pretty soon I will..... :lol:

will it pass the tilted head test?

nuttcrac69

I suspect it would. It will also pass the "guy at the next table checking it out" test.

Also probably the "young poorly trained salesperson" test

Edited by nuttcrac69

dhistory

Lol. You will pass indeed.

Cheers

bajamaja

Here's a rep sub cyclops

so you can see clearly it's a rep when the clock is on the wrist? is it a big differens between a rep and a gen?

resistor

Here's a rep sub cyclops

so you can see clearly it's a rep when the clock is on the wrist? is it a big differens between a rep and a gen?

Clock on your wrist? That's crazy. My clocks are on my wall, night stand, or around my neck.

bajamaja

Here's a rep sub cyclops

Clock on your wrist? That's crazy. My clocks are on my wall, night stand, or around my neck.

hehe, i mean if you can see clearly that is a rep when you look at the cyclops

chrish8

Here's a rep sub cyclops

Like this ?

Screen-Shot-2012-11-05-at-3.40.21-PM.png

zaqwsxmike

It'll be more gen than the gen version.

Daywatch

From 25 feet away I can always tell it´s a rep because of the center hole on the seconds hand. :hss:

On the other hand if I - like many others - would see a ceramic gen sub without a date and a cyclops, I could automatically think

a.) it´s not a rolex and b.) it must be fake because it´s got no cyclops and not even a date....... :lmao:

Like with all reps, it will depend on the specific sample You get, meaning how well centered are the engravings, is the pearl etc. etc.. .

The Noob V5 is excellent and impressive as a watch - the best ceramic copy made until now - and that´s what matters. If You like it´s looks, get it.

Wear it with an unspoiled pleasure and enjoy all that´s good about it - without digging into any of the tiniest details it´s 5 times the fun.

There are enough other "must-have" no-dates already: PAMs, the Blackbay, of course the vintage subs

D_Chico
Who has the best sub?

Holy crap that a brilliant topic!! Someone should start a thread about that!! Quick!! :giggle: