Sign in to follow this  
Marty Mcfly

Is this watch legit or rep - can you tell?

graman

Hmmmmmmm..................Yep......it's legitimately a watch.

No doubt about it :D

seriously...not a breitling expert, but I'd say a rep

pollux1

Looks to be a rep as the lume markers seem to be raised. Might just be the photo though.

graman

Yep...AR looks a little blue too

Silverspeed

Since the pic is from Houseofsouvenirs.....I'd say rep! :D

Marty Mcfly
Hmmmmmmm..................Yep......it's legitimately a watch.

No doubt about it :D

seriously...not a breitling expert, but I'd say a rep

Lol, why do you say that?

Looks to be a rep as the lume markers seem to be raised. Might just be the photo though.

What are Lume markers?

graman
Since the pic is from Houseofsouvenirs.....I'd say rep! :)

:D

Silverspeed

Biggest tells are the lume dots, hourmarkers and bezelmarkers....especially the "4" in the 45 bezelmarker

stiltzkin
400BRSW_120_Breitling_1_LRG.jpg

No expert, but been looking into Breit's a lot of late - never seen the '11' marker eaten into by the 12 sub dial and usually the 11 and 8 markers are eaten into more by the 9 sub dial. Also the font of the number markers doesn't look right - but this may be an older model ??? usually the 2, 5, 8 and 0 of the '10' are split.

I bet only one ball (just in case) that this is a rep...

Silverspeed

don't worry you won't loose a testical :D

Marty Mcfly
Since the pic is from Houseofsouvenirs.....I'd say rep! ;)

:)

Lol, I know this, but I was just asking :D

Biggest tells are the lume dots, hourmarkers and bezelmarkers....especially the "4" in the 45 bezelmarker

I don't understand, what gives it away? I don't know what these things are. What '4'?

400BRSW_120_Breitling_1_LRG.jpg

No expert, but been looking into Breit's a lot of late - never seen the '11' marker eaten into by the 12 sub dial and usually the 11 and 8 markers are eaten into more by the 9 sub dial. Also the font of the number markers doesn't look right - but this may be an older model ??? usually the 2, 5, 8 and 0 of the '10' are split.

Lol, just in case.

roberto

Hey, It's nice though. Even nicer at a rep price point :D

Del

Marty - why are you posting photos from HoS and then asking everyone if it is a gen or rep?

I like to think that we are all fairly helpful to newbies asking questions but this type of question is likely to annoy people and implies to me that you were trying to trip someone up. Not cool.

Marty Mcfly
Marty - why are you posting photos from HoS and then asking everyone if it is a gen or rep?

I like to think that we are all fairly helpful to newbies asking questions but this type of question is likely to annoy people and implies to me that you were trying to trip someone up. Not cool.

No, I meant to just ask if they thought it looked real or not. Not trying to trip anyone up. Everyone can see from the link it is a rep, but I want to see if it looks real or not. Sorry if I cause offence, I didn't mean it.

Del

No, I meant to just ask if they thought it looked real or not. Not trying to trip anyone up. Everyone can see from the link it is a rep, but I want to see if it looks real or not. Sorry if I cause offence, I didn't mean it.

That's fair enough Marty, I guess your thread title was just a bit misleading. Normally when someone posts a thread like this they are genuinely asking for advice on whether the watch looks gen or not - perhaps from an eBay link or such like.

No harm done :lol:.