Sign in to follow this  
HTSwindell

Trying to get a hont watch repaired

HTSwindell

Hey all - I don't post here much but I do read almost every day.

I need some help figuring out how to get a watch repaired. I got a lady datejust from hontwatch a year or so ago, and the time on it just doesn't keep up anymore, eventually just coming to a stop. I have been in contact with hont about getting it back to him for repair, but am having some communication issues.

Has anyone ever returned a watch to him, and if so, what was the best method to do it? I am really nervous about it getting lost in the mail, so want to make sure I do the right thing. Also, is there a better alternative to get it fixed without risking not seeing it again?

Hont and I have exchanged emails, and he keeps saying to put 30usd on the invoice. I am really not sure what that means, I don't know what postage I need and same with packaging that is required.

Thanks for any help! And sorry if I put this in the wrong forum.

danarf1
Hey all - I don't post here much but I do read almost every day.

I need some help figuring out how to get a watch repaired. I got a lady datejust from hontwatch a year or so ago, and the time on it just doesn't keep up anymore, eventually just coming to a stop. I have been in contact with hont about getting it back to him for repair, but am having some communication issues.

Has anyone ever returned a watch to him, and if so, what was the best method to do it? I am really nervous about it getting lost in the mail, so want to make sure I do the right thing. Also, is there a better alternative to get it fixed without risking not seeing it again?

Hont and I have exchanged emails, and he keeps saying to put 30usd on the invoice. I am really not sure what that means, I don't know what postage I need and same with packaging that is required.

Thanks for any help! And sorry if I put this in the wrong forum.

I had one of mine have the crystal come off but it was my fault. I shipped it back to him and its been like 3 months and its been held up in China customs. I think they dont let stuff into the country but have no problem letting it come out to usa. I finally just spent the 270 and got a new one. The issue is it came back today and the bezel inset looks like crap. Looks like a 5 year old tried painting the numbers on and its terrible. I emailed him to ask for a new bezel. worse case is I buy one off ebay and never use him again and tell everyone here. I think he will send me a new insert cause he gets lots of business from this site.

Luthier

I don't think a dealer would cover the watch for more than a year. If you bought cheapie with 21j movement, you better buy new one, with good movement.

HTSwindell
I don't think a dealer would cover the watch for more than a year. If you bought cheapie with 21j movement, you better buy new one, with good movement.

it uses the swiss eta movememt actually

barkingtoad

Do you get a year warranty with anything these days ?

HTSwindell

I am not really sure if he is looking for 30usd to repair or what, but basically, I want to be able to fix this without having to send it to him, because I have no idea what he is telling me to do :P

Luthier
I am not really sure if he is looking for 30usd to repair or what, but basically, I want to be able to fix this without having to send it to him, because I have no idea what he is telling me to do :P

Then find watchsmith, and it will cost you the same amount to fix it, probably.

HTSwindell

Then find watchsmith, and it will cost you the same amount to fix it, probably.

Are you saying find a basic watch smith in the area where I live?

Silverspeed

The $30 is the value that needs to be put on the custom form on your package.

Luthier
Are you saying find a basic watch smith in the area where I live?

Yes, why not?

I'm 99% sure your mov't need just a drop of oil.