Sign in to follow this  
usudno

Attempting to pinch crown tube on P.O. Looking for advice or how to.

usudno

I have an Omega Planet Ocean V5 from Mary and Rochest. I stripped the threads on the damn crown a while back. I have been searching for a how to on the pinching method. I know its a temporary fix but i plan to wear the watch as a daily beater. Won't need to pull the crown out much. If i can get some use out of it i would like to. I will look into the gen crown and tube. I found one post about changing out the crown and tube/stem but it wasn't very detailed. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help.

usudno

Attempt failed. Broke the crown off of the stem and pulled the tube out. anyone looking for a broken p.o.?? Trade for a PAM strap lol. Lesson learned. I doubt I will fix it. Probably list it on m2m when I have enough posts. I'm sure someone can do something with it

BC1221

why dont you just order a new crown n tube?

i belive those cases will take gen tubes.

markeym3

Oh shit that's a bummer ,, I did the "pinch" the other day worked a treat but you have to be careful ,,, yes as just mentioned you have come this far just order a crown and tube ..

Good luck ..

usudno

Meh I have a ceramic p.o. Now that I wear. If the pinch worked I would have worn it as a beater. Now I would rather save the hundred bucks for a new rep or a strap for my Pam that's incomming.