Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Regulate 7750- Correct Direction for Adjustment

plankton

This is the correct direction for regulation.

Use this lever

A7750-1.jpg

To decrease beat time or slow watch down move counter clockwise. Just a gnats hair, small movement.

A7750-2.jpg

To slow it move clockwise just a tiny amount.

When I say tiny amount I mean just enough so you can barely see it move. You will actually need to use a spot below the lever to judge if it moves and use a small tool to just slightly move it. I recommend a timeograph but if you don't have one then following your tiny adjustment put the caseback on, set the time to your computer and wait several hours to see if it is slow or fast. If you move this lever more than a hair it will change the time 30 second per day one way or the other so just barely move it. With practice you can do this with ease.

Many of the new 7750's come with a workable regulator on the top end of the spring. These have a + or -, these will adjust the watch up to 10 seconds of timing in my reps and 15 on my gens. If you're further out than 15 spd one way or the other set the working regulator lever to the center (right in the middle of the scale) then use the macro control in the pic above to get it within 7-10 seconds. Once your at this point you can use the regulator lever as a micro control and easily adjust your 7750.

I stole the pic from an old Sconehead post where he had the wrong direction posted in his thread.

plankton

This is correct

SSTEEL

Regarding the regulator pins, the bigger the gap, and faster the movement, easy to remember, small = Slow, bigger = Faster

plankton

Regarding the regulator pins, the bigger the gap, and faster the movement, easy to remember, small = Slow, bigger = Faster

That makes this easy, good to remember.

binatang

For the 7750, distinguishing the regulating arm from the stud carrier (fat arm) is quite obvious.

Newbs often mess up the ETA 28XX where the regulating arm can be hidden under the winding bridge.

I have seen several well meaning tutorials where the poster moves the stud carrier thinking it was the regulating arm.

This confused me as hell when I was starting out.

Better to understand the mechanics.

The stud carrier is where the spring terminates & is the point where the spring is the longest.

The regulating arm moves up/down the spring to lengthen/shorten the spring.

A shorter spring moves faster.

A longer spring moves slower.

P4GTR

What brought this up Plank? Important info everyone should know, watch repair 101.

Do heed the SMALL adjustment at a time advice. I've seen more than a few really out of whack, that regulate quite well with what I felt was little to no movement.

If you move the wrong lever, you'll need professional calibration equipment, or the ear of a sonically attuned watchmaker savant. You can actually train yourself to hear the beat, quite fascinating IMO.

plankton

What brought this up Plank? Important info everyone should know, watch repair 101.

Do heed the SMALL adjustment at a time advice. I've seen more than a few really out of whack, that regulate quite well with what I felt was little to no movement.

If you move the wrong lever, you'll need professional calibration equipment, or the ear of a sonically attuned watchmaker savant. You can actually train yourself to hear the beat, quite fascinating IMO.

I found an old thread that was backwards, wanted it corrected (my nature). I was in the midst of calibrating a 299 and noticed the thread had the movement backwards.

plankton

Use this a lot, always forget what direction from some reason. Just regulated a Blue Themes