Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

3 in today! WARNING: This thread contains Aliexpress and SevenFriday content

dfq23

Thought I'd take one for the team and order some of the more expensive reps from Aliexpress to see what I would actually get. Found a new dealer on there and got chatting to him and he seemed decent so took the plunge and ordered from him a sevenfriday M1 with full box set, Tag Aquaracer Ceramic on bracelet and haggled a good price on a 21J Black Bay.

Subsequently also found a dealer selling a Hamilton Ventura for a good price so went for that too.

3 of them arrived this morning. Tag landed on the same plane as the Tudor but no sign of that yet. Little bit concerned as that is on the stop list but it came HK mail so not sure if that's pertinent with that. Fingers crossed though...

Okay, on to what came. Excuse the shitty phone pics...

Seven Friday M1

This thing is bloody great. It came with the full boxset and an extra rubber strap. Only 2 factories make these and from the strap and the lack of incorrect blue AR, this seems to be the V6f version which is great as that is the more expensive one! These come in at $318 from dealers plus your postage (and this box is BIG!) and fees. This set me back £152. The seller currently has them for $231.

20150313_112355_zpsasdjm9od.jpg

20150313_112426_zpsguh6wmuz.jpg

20150313_112438_zpsrwlo7reg.jpg

Tudor Black Bay 2813

Only ZF make these so felt pretty confident on what I would get and I did indeed get a 2813 Black Bay which is exactly the same as all other ones sold (V3 type and bezel half a click off centre like they all are lol!) Because I'd spent some money with the seller he did me a deal on this but I have seen them on there for about $128 delivered

20150313_112615_zpszwqxmkeh.jpg

20150313_112615_zpszwqxmkeh.jpg

Hamilton Ventura XXL

This was a bit of an impulse buy, but the seller had decent feedback on this particular watch and I did my research checking what the TDs have on offer and looked like the description tallied up with the dealers. These go for anything between $250 to $320 from dealers so for $194 I thought I'd risk it.

Well again it is exactly the same watch you would get from a dealer. Asian Eta movement, nice display back. Spot on for the money. Just need to work out how to tell the time on it!!

20150313_112635_zpsabzqiwfe.jpg

20150313_112641_zps4mxxqt2a.jpg

Assuming the Tag comes on Monday, I will have spent about £495 on these watches. Not a small amount of money but I did have a bit of a clear out first! I had a check around dealers, using the same one for more than one watch when possible and cheapest I could get them with fees and postage was £715 so a hell of a saving.

Now I'm not suggesting everyone goes to Ali for their watches from now on as it's still the crap shoot it always is plus I got no QC pics and most super rep type watches on there are a lot more than from dealers but I fell lucky and personally I think it is a decent alternative to using wholesale as at least you have protection for non delivery and DOA through Aliexpress

Martijn0007

Very nice mate! That Tudor is great for the money :D

KeNnY

wow very nice, especially the Seven Days :)

Frazzle

Look good mate! Will keep my eyes peeled on M2M for them over the next week :)

James.

Amazing deal on that BB and the 7F. Lovely pickups

dfq23

Stuve got his order in for the seven friday before I even ordered it but i'm afraid it may be a keeper! Just want my tag now!

dfq23

Amazing deal on that BB and the 7F. Lovely pickups

Those two came to total of £224.41 delivered. Can't grumble at that

KarmaToBurn

Cool stuff. I'm pretty sure where the red minute marks begin on the Ventura is your 12:00

Lagger

I've just ordered a tag on rubber wholesale and waiting for it too arrive. A very useful saving over regular retail...but without the protection that you mention from Ali, and you say you have had part refunds as well.........if you have your patience and obvious eye for the finer things a very useful resource

Mr Stubbs

They're very different from each other. Good to see someone else with eclectic taste.

Also good to see they threw in a pube with the BB, too bad it's on the outside. :lol:

Kleen™

That Hamilton is....

Lagger

Can I suggest you send your black bay to rolie for a half service, I sent my v2 and the crown screw down now is like butter

greg_r

That Hamilton is....

.... weird .... sorta ugly .... but cool. ;)

I have one on the way - no clue whether I'll ever wear it, but what the hell...

Nice pickups, mate! Enjoy 'em! :D

Lagger

And just a smidge Liberace! :-)

digger2

Thank's for the story and pics and congrats to nice watches!

Wolf359

Cool. I will feel better ordering a cartier. Thanks for taking the nestea plunge :salute:

deju

DFQ... you sir are a dick! I need that Sevenfriday in my life... :drool: Link?

pullmebackin.gif

Thang

Very nice watches. I like the Tudor

RenOz

Can you paste the link of the BB vendor?

Chears

zufir

Really nice pick up with the Hamilton.

Gazzla

I can't quite work something out with the 7F and the Elvis.

Which one got hit with the ugly stick the hardest? :D

Enjoy, Daryn, and well done!

Stuvetjee

Stuve got his order in for the seven friday before I even ordered it but i'm afraid it may be a keeper! Just want my tag now!

Please sell me that M1 mate!!! :drool: :drool:

Enjoy them buddy!! :D

MetalMickey

Three good bits there. Been thinking about another seven Friday so might take a punt soon.

Genius

I am very very impressed with the Hamilton, especially for the money, and also relieved as I have the same one coming from the same seller! So thanks for the heads up I wouldn't have found or ordered it without your help

Really cant wait for mine to arrive!!!!!

Genius

Also just wondering about the quality on the BB, is the V3 much better than the V1,

I'm considering ordering one just to swap the bracelet and bezel with the ones on my V1 you recon it would be worth the upgrade?