Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

LV rep bags 1:1 keepall 45

Eiderdaus

Hi,

me and andy bought some bags on ioffer for LV repbags.

To make it short, seems the same with watches, the 1:1 are not 1:1 but they are ok.

The canvas is good quality the pattern is correct. stitchings are ok but not correct. but there are some difference between the LV monogram and the macassar.

the monogram hat the better leather quality (straps, tags) the macassar has really poor leather and looks in total like a cheapie (really disappointed). there for the metalwork is better at the macassar as on the monogram. there it is not shiney as per gen.

lets see some pics to compare.

The bags

total1z.jpgtotal2y.jpg

bagtags, at the mongram its ok but on the macassar it a really poor leather (reps on the left, gens on the right)

bagtag1.jpgbagtag2.jpg

straps of the bagtags ((1pic, gen left, 2nd pic gen right)

bagtag3.jpgbagtag4.jpg

shoulderstrap, gens are on top

strap1.jpgstrap2.jpg

metalwork of the shoulderstrap (gens on the left, very easy to identify on monogram)

strap3.jpgstrap4.jpg srtap5.jpg

shoulder strap protection (gen on top)

strap7.jpgstrap8.jpg

and the poor black one

strap9.jpg

the quality at the handles is not very good as you can see here, furst the monogram, then macassar and last on gen

handle1.jpg handle2.jpghandle3.jpg

stitching count on rep (first 2) and on gen (last2)

stiching2.jpgstiching4.jpg

stichings1.jpgstitching3.jpg

some distances (first the reps)

hight1.jpg

hight2.jpg

here the gens

higth3.jpg

hight4.jpg

rep lock

lock2.jpg

and the gens

lock1g.jpg

metalwork.jpg

the lock from the macassar doesn´t fit the hole on the zipper so you can do nothing with the lock......this is ridiculous. I have not taken a pic of it...not worth.

but the metalwork at the macassar is better as on the mongram because it´s more shiny

metalwork2.jpg

resume:

If the mongram would have the metalwork quality from the macassar, it would be a very good rep (some flaws, minor, not visible if you do not investigate)

If the macassar would have the metalwork quality from the mongram, it would be a really bad rep not its only a bad rep since the leather quality is so obvious. If someone would pass me that bag I would call it a fake since the leather at the bagtag and shoulderstrap is really poor and ridiculous for that price for a 1:1.

The pattern as mentioned is ok, canvas quality as well, but that is not a big deal on monograms and macassar. I will need to check some damier next.

I guess we should try mary next if she has better quality. From point of view, last time bought at this guy at ioffer.

andy, can you give him a feedback on the macassar ?

hope that helps a few guys of you

deja123

Hi i have ordered a Keepall from mary...it arrives at ska and he will reship today so i will get it next week....then i make some pics to compare the one from mary! deja

andygt

Sorry to see that the macassar is not the best quality when compared to gen - I will leave him feedback that the macassar is nowhere near 1:1 standards.

Eiderdaus

Don´t look on the color of the light leather, this will change to darker tone with the contact of sweat, water and environmental influence. I hope that will happen to the rep too. but regarding the metal work of the "bandoliere" the shoulderstrap, it´s really obvious that this is not gen, the cannot be carried.

my spouse was seeing the macassar standing around and telling me: why do we buy fake bags from LV ? And she was saying that every women that is LV addicted like her would recognize that

Eiderdaus

saw some pics from andy with mary´s quality. i think we should buy only by her...next time. it was a lesson.

trailboss99

Same with the macassar from WE, crappy. What is the actual bag fabric on these supposed to be made of?

Mind you the ladies shoulder bag I got off them last week is a work of bloody art (heavy, high quality rep) so buggered if I know.

Col.

Eiderdaus

Hi col,

have a few problems to understand what you mean. so the macassar from WE is crap. What is the actual bag fabric ? you mean the material ? It´s canvas. But that is ok on my macassar, but all the leather details are crap.

"Mind you the ladies shoulder bag I got off them last week is a work of bloody art (heavy, high quality rep) so buggered if I know" so you have a ladies shoulder bag that is absolut high quality ? where did you ordered it ? andy has odered a bag from mary and this looks quite good. i think i will buy from her next time

trailboss99

Ladies bag came from WE as well, very nice indeed. This one: http://www.watcheden.com/louis-vuitton-dam...-60732-p-1.html this is a very well made bag and worth the money.

The "canvas" on my keepall looks like canvas backed vinyl, all I could smell when I opened the box was that nasty vinyl smell. I think maybe one of his workers sent me the wrong bag, this one could not be the $200 bag. I haven't had a close look as yet, it arrived to day so I'll report in more detail tomorrow.

Col.

Luthier
Don´t look on the color of the light leather, this will change to darker tone with the contact of sweat, water and environmental influence. I hope that will happen to the rep too. but regarding the metal work of the "bandoliere" the shoulderstrap, it´s really obvious that this is not gen, the cannot be carried.

my spouse was seeing the macassar standing around and telling me: why do we buy fake bags from LV ? And she was saying that every women that is LV addicted like her would recognize that

I predict you a very trouble marriage...

:D

Eiderdaus

i don´t think it will be that bad ^_^

trailboss99

Had a better look and TBH it still looks like it's all vinyl to me.

I'll drop Tony a email and see what happens.

Col.

wat44

col knows his handbags - hes got one over his arm everytime I see him...

trailboss99

Piss off wat

mspangl

quite disappointed about the mcassar since i ordered a keepall55 aswell..

well i guess we got a lil smarter due this.. thanks for sharing eider!