Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

Vintage Seiko from eBay - Final Closure

WatchDog21

Found this one on eBay and got it for $64. Watch is in fantastic condition. Plan on putting either the Jubliee or an Oyster bracelet on it but havn't decided yet.

16216998103_5647d6ac94.jpg

Lume from total darkness

16214602544_73b5029fba_n.jpg

plankton

Nice one!!!!!

Gazzla
:thumbsup:

sbryantgb

Mine says hello ;)

7040.jpg

did yours by chance come from Spain?

graman

I have one of these with a black bezel.

Bullet proof.

I love it!

Mr Stubbs

Nice! I vote for the Jubilee bracelet. :thumbsup:

WatchDog21

Mine says hello ;)

7040.jpg

did yours by chance come from Spain?

No, this one came from the Philippines, had it in 20 days to CONUS

WatchDog21

Nice! I vote for the Jubilee bracelet. :thumbsup:

That is what I was leaning to and I can have it on the watch by tomorrow if I want. Do you know if there was a "standard" bracelet that came on these or was it choice of rubber strap or bracelet

SSTEEL

Damn, you did well, have seen this model sell for four times that amount over on TWS.

WatchDog21

The listing indicated that there was no box or papers but when I opened the package it was all wrapped up and inside a Seiko box! Got the Seiko Jubilee bracelet on last night for only another $18 so all in for a total of $100 which includes the $18 Shipping.

16635398687_e6b66cc1b8_z.jpg

16655126098_98863cae95_n.jpg

plankton

Nice catch!

HeavyKrush

Great deal for a great watch. Congrats.

RussP

That guy in the Philippines has some lovely vintage offerings.

It's nice to read feedback from one of the forum members.

Might even tempt me into buying one off EBay............when I have the funds available.

WatchDog21

Thanks all. I had been watching these for awhile since they are always popping up there. This one came up and I think it was just my turn to win a bid. Very happy with this one.

texasbear

Nice find! I love that color palette

horrologist

Looks great on the Jubilee.

The listing indicated that there was no box or papers but when I opened the package it was all wrapped up and inside a Seiko box!

Why does that never happen to me?

WatchDog21

The listing indicated that there was no box or papers but when I opened the package it was all wrapped up and inside a Seiko box!

Be happy it didn't. It is on its way back for a refund. When I got it I took it to my watch guy. At first he thought it was new then he opened it and was in disbelief. He said that if he even attempted to service it that it would begin to fall apart. The seller indicated that it had been recently serviced which my guy said no way.

Initiated the return. Done with used watches from eBay and will buy new.

WatchDog21

I got to thinking and thought I would share this for those who are watching ebay for some Seiko deals. Take note on how he states that movement had just recently been professionally serviced, it was not. Use caution if you choose to deal with this seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271778987336?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

horrologist

Shame about that, it was a lovely looking watch. I can’t believe a dealer like that doesn't know what's going on inside. It’s sad but I will only use people with 100% feedback now because of things like this. Well done for going for a refund, I’m one of those people who can’t be bothered to send a watch back if it didn’t cost too much. I think that’s what they count on.

WatchDog21

Cost of shipping is in the seller. It looks like he will fail at providing the return ship label. In beats hands now. If he does fail I still get the refund and don't have to ship it back. Not like it's worth a whole lot since the entire movement is all crap. Excellent condition on the out side though.

WatchDog21

Damn auto correct ... It in ebays hands...

RUSH2112

Be happy it didn't. It is on its way back for a refund. When I got it I took it to my watch guy. At first he thought it was new then he opened it and was in disbelief. He said that if he even attempted to service it that it would begin to fall apart. The seller indicated that it had been recently serviced which my guy said no way.

Initiated the return. Done with used watches from eBay and will buy new.

I read up a bit on seikos on a forum (don't remember the link) and they said older ones in good shape and original are hard to come by. They feel most are frankens and the one thing they were adamant about was not to buy from sellers in Philippines. Sorry, man.

WatchDog21

For me this one has a so called good ending. The seller failed to provide a return shipping label. eBay has instructed me that I do not have to return the item and that I will receive a full refund. I just ordered its replacement from Amazon. Should have just went this route the first time instead of tying used on eBay.

WatchDog21

So eBay refunded my money and I purchased a new one from Amazon to replace it. Case Close in my favor!

17180553061_0a549e025d_c.jpg

Kcore

I love a happy ending especially if a cool watch is involved! It looks fresh on that Jub. Gotta love a pug too :)