Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Siezed- CONUS Chicago Customs

plankton

I just got the word that my order for the new V5 Sub is now in the hands of US Customs in Chicago. My go to TD also informed me that things are "very strict" currently which is a bummer to say the least. I'm thinking it was bound to happen eventually.

On a bright note a full refund for funds was in my PayPal account at the same time but I'd much rather have the watch.

Don't worry about me so much gents, I'm sure I will make it.........lol

rawbaws

Sorry to hear of your loss mate

plankton

Sorry to hear of your loss mate

Sad day, didn't even have time to give a name.

WatchDog21

Know that feeling. Fortunately mine was not a big loss, $90 on an M2M for a Rolex GMT.

Stuvetjee

ah man, thats a total bummer!!! Hope TD sorts it out for you :)

plankton

ah man, thats a total bummer!!! Hope TD sorts it out for you :)

He did immediately refund all the funds, saying it was a bit to risky for a Rollie V5 right now.

Chavezzito

Sucks! Fuck the system!

Gazzla

Cunts.

cwgxT3q.gif

Jooost

Thats annoying, especially when you are looking forward to it... Great dealing from the TD though!

plankton

Thats annoying, especially when you are looking forward to it... Great dealing from the TD though!

Yes my TD didnt even ask, just a full refund. This makes it easier but I would have like to have seen the V5 for sure.

Mike on a bike

Well that sucks!

ag69

That sucks!! What watch were you waiting for?

plankton

V5 Sub

RussP

It doesn't suck at all...............he got a full refund.

It only sucks for the TD.

And one can always buy again.............from the same dealer of course.

baxter

Bummer Plank ... who was the TD btw .... always good to know who's doing the right thing without being asked :)

plankton

Bummer Plank ... who was the TD btw .... always good to know who's doing the right thing without being asked :)

Sent you a PM so not to intrude on our TD's here at home.

HeavyKrush

Most of my orders come in through Chicago (Missouri destination) which I thought the safer bet. Not sure why I thought that, but not liking the recent trend. Also wondering if more recognized brands, Rolex for example, get caught more than lesser know brands, say Blancpain?

plankton

Most of my orders come in through Chicago (Missouri destination) which I thought the safer bet. Not sure why I thought that, but not liking the recent trend. Also wondering if more recognized brands, Rolex for example, get caught more than lesser know brands, say Blancpain?

He did say that right now Rolex is the easiest to spot. To be honest I placed an order for a V7 diver w DHL this am and Ken tells me that should be fine. So you probably correct. IMO they must have a new scanner or some type of equipment in Chicago due t the enormous increase in this type of activity.

HeavyKrush

He did say that right now Rolex is the easiest to spot. To be honest I placed an order for a V7 diver w DHL this am and Ken tells me that should be fine. So you probably correct. IMO they must have a new scanner or some type of equipment in Chicago due t the enormous increase in this type of activity.

I'd love a video of the actual process. Curious what happens to the actual product confiscated.

plankton

I'd love a video of the actual process. Curious what happens to the actual product confiscated.

I would imagine it's a giant conveyor that goes through a scanner and certain items are tagged.

rusty peters

If we have our watches shipped via Airmail, it is a bit safer, right? I have a Monaco en route and I thought I was beating Johnny Law by selecting the slow cheap way.

plankton

If we have our watches shipped via Airmail, it is a bit safer, right? I have a Monaco en route and I thought I was beating Johnny Law by selecting the slow cheap way.

I have heard that Rusty.

dasselin

My son works at Trudeau International. In the security department for incoming parcels. The things that get seized by customs are put in a container

And sent to a local facility where they are put into a crusher.

plankton

My son works at Trudeau International. In the security department for incoming parcels. The things that get seized by customs are put in a container

And sent to a local facility where they are put into a crusher.

Figures......

dasselin

My son tells me that for watches he sees them in blue on the scanner. He also tells me that reps a generally not seized. The funny thing about the scanner

Is that gen Rolex are generally a deep blue and reps are in a lighter shade of blue. I ask him he could take a picture of that is the answer was no absolutely not.