Sign in to follow this  
RowLecks

My story and a warning re a supplier called SolidSwiss - buyers beware!

RowLecks

According to Detective Inspector Toby, I joined this forum on 9th of January and posted my problem 2 weeks ago.......because I had the insight to know SSTEEL was going to have problems sometime in the future and have a fetish for defending strangers in Finland. You couldn't make it up. Mystic Meg hasn't got a look in on me !

Toby son, you really need to practice more on the detective side of things before unleashing your keyboard finger. You'd be out of your depth in an egg-cup.

BadPickle
According to Detective Inspector Toby, I joined this forum on 9th of January and posted my problem 2 weeks ago.......because I had the insight to know SSTEEL was going to have problems sometime in the future and have a fetish for defending strangers in Finland. You couldn't make it up. Mystic Meg hasn't got a look in on me !

Toby son, you really need to practice more on the detective side of things before unleashing your keyboard finger. You'd be out of your depth in an egg-cup.

:lol:

Where are you from ninja?

RowLecks

Ask Greg, he'll know Wurzel.

BadPickle

I wasn't suggesting for a second that you were some removed members sock puppet, although it would probably liven things up around here, I was simply asking a friendly member question. The "ninja" ref was an attempt to show you that I'd read more than one line/ post in your thread.

If that was a back handed "fuck off" then it was a little rude ;)

Kcore

:lol: PBR is either a Portsmouth football club fan or a dick? I think a dick ;)

BadPickle

You're trouble is that you can't think..... Dullard.

elp

Wait - could this be a double-bluff and you had prepared an answer in case you got called out?

I'll get the scuba gear ready for that egg-cup

:D

Kcore

Wait - could this be a double-bluff and you had prepared an answer in case you got called out?

I'll get the scuba gear ready for that egg-cup

:D

I'll join you if it's in that great looking Lulworth Cove!

RowLecks

I wasn't suggesting for a second that you were some removed members sock puppet, although it would probably liven things up around here, I was simply asking a friendly member question. The "ninja" ref was an attempt to show you that I'd read more than one line/ post in your thread.

Fair enough mate, to be honest I didn't really come on here to divulge my personal details, just to get a watch fixed. The username is Rowlecks. I'm from Glasgow, but currently in another part of Scotland.

Having said that, I've often advocated on the forum I help with that it might be better if everyone was forced to use their real identities, as it would cut out 99% of the cardboard gangsters, internet warriors and cyber detectives. They only behave the way they do because they can remain anonymous you know. :giggle:

RowLecks

Anyway, it's goodnight time for me folks.

I'll send Greg the pics the unmentionable watch fixer sent me and a link to the video should he so desire, and report honestly on the job when I get the watch back.

Cheers.

BadPickle

Fair enough mate, to be honest I didn't really come on here to divulge my personal details, just to get a watch fixed. The username is Rowlecks. I'm from Glasgow, but currently in another part of Scotland.

Having said that, I've often advocated on the forum I help with that it might be better if everyone was forced to use their real identities, as it would cut out 99% of the cardboard gangsters, internet warriors and cyber detectives. They only behave the way they do because they can remain anonymous you know. :giggle:

Fair point, hope the watch keeps on working pal. :D I also believe that it is only me who uses their own name and profile pic here :giggle:

RowLecks

Cheers pal. It was certainly working on the video he sent, but I have no way of knowing if it was "working" a little too hard, like 2 hours fast as it was when I sent him it, until I actually get the thing back. I'll report in due course.

Cheers.

Kcore

You're right PBR, time to bury the hatchet. I read your post on RWI and understand.

deju

He's far too calm and collected to be a weedgie hahahaha

I can't believe how negative the whole SSTEEL situation has got some members.

Some of you need to chill out, I mean this is a topic involving SSTEEL and PBR is looking like one of the more well mannered posters...

tobytobes

I'll stand by what I said mate. you are not genuine. no way. on the gulag thread I said I didn't understand why he had to work in an underhand way if his work was so good. if this guy isn't exposed as a sock puppet within a week then I will eat my hat and I will also donate 100 dollars to a charity if his choice.

Edited by tobytobes

MetalMickey
:popcorn:

BadPickle

You're right PBR, time to bury the hatchet. I read your post on RWI and understand.

:thumbsup2:

greg_r

but on another post doesnt he say he has a backlog of 30 members watches? so he just serviced yours in days to cosc standard whilst fucking off the other 30 people and then you come on here out of the blue giving it mail after mail about how this dude is the best thing ever even though you havent even got your watch back and you clealy know fuck all about watches one minute then everything the next. if you are not a sock i will eat my hat mate. your problem is you couldn't play the long game, you started the thread well but you just couldnt wait a sensible amount of time to start the praise.

tobytobes: I don't know what the hell your problem is, but I suggest you back off right now. The OP has simply tried to share his experiences. That's what this place is supposed to be for. Quit being a pain in the arse. I won't warn you again.

I'll stand by what I said mate. you are not genuine. no way. on the gulag thread I said I didn't understand why he had to work in an underhand way if his work was so good. if this guy isn't exposed as a sock puppet within a week then I will eat my hat and I will also donate 100 dollars to a charity if his choice.

Better get yourself some condiments and a bank loan, then.

Rowlecks - no need to send me pics, mate. I am more than happy to take you at your word. This place gets a little nuts at times as we try to moderate as little as possible - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ;).

Genius

Greg has spoken! We need photos detailing the consumption of said headgear! Also evidence of the aforementioned charitable donation please

:ttiwwop:

Chavezzito

I demand a video of Toby eating his hat!

RowLecks

Gentlemen,

Despite Greg stating that there is no need, I have sent him links to the 90-odd photos the watch repairer has sent me, the video he sent and his invoice. As a keen supporter of various charities I am very keen to see that Doubting Toby, RWG's answer to Dick Tracy (on methadone), fulfils his promise to send $100 to charity should I still be a member on here in a weeks time.

Of course I'm sure Toby will provide the forum with a copy of the letter of thanks and receipt that all charities send when you donate, seeing as he's so keen to uphold honesty and transparency on this forum.

Toby - any children's charity or cancer charity will be just fine. Thanks.

greg_r

Okay.

I've seen the pics and QC video that Rowlecks has spoken of above. I've also seen communication between him and Micky. There is NO doubt in my mind that everything he has said is entirely correct.

I can also confirm, having checked on general principle, that Rowlecks is not a SockID.

So. tobytobes: Fedora or baseball cap? Which Charity? :popcorn:

RowLecks

Toby's hat. I hope he enjoys it.

3450910519_0739fe4c95_b.jpg

Kcore

Toby's hat. I hope he enjoys it.

3450910519_0739fe4c95_b.jpg

I know it's well known that :troll: but in the case of Toby the deranged lad, we'll gladly make an exception!

And remember Toby, :ttiwwop:

WatchDog21
Toby's hat. I hope he enjoys it. 3450910519_0739fe4c95_b.jpg

:lmao2: