Sign in to follow this  
paulro

Chanel Ceramic J21 strap

paulro

I'm looking for help.

I would like to remove a link on the strap and my tools are all too big.

Firstly, the screw looks to be hexagonal bot although I have 2 sets of these, not is small enough.

What do you recommend, what size tool is it and if I find the correct tool is there anything else I need to know?

KBH

Maybe this will help. You need something small enough to fit in the hole and tap it out with a small hammer. I found a little brad nail that worked.

DSCN2560.jpg

DSCN2559.jpg

DenGNNJ

I have a J12 ceramic chronograph and can verify. It's not a screw-type pin ... you have to place a pin pusher on the side that's not solid and tap it free. BTW ... Instead of using nails, get yourself a cheap tool kit on Amazon dot com for sizing watches.

Maybe this will help. You need something small enough to fit in the hole and tap it out with a small hammer. I found a little brad nail that worked.

DSCN2560.jpg

DSCN2559.jpg

paulro
I have a J12 ceramic chronograph and can verify. It's not a screw-type pin ... you have to place a pin pusher on the side that's not solid and tap it free. BTW ... Instead of using nails, get yourself a cheap tool kit on Amazon dot com for sizing watches.

DSCN2560.jpg

DSCN2559.jpg

Thanks so much.

paulro

DSCN2560.jpg

DSCN2559.jpg

Ok it sounds easy but I'm thinking ceramic = glass = easy to break. What are you holding the strap in to support it? Also I've tapped it and nothing moved. Does it need a reasonable tap?

KBH

Well obviously the best way is with a actual link remover, which will slowly press it out. But since I didn't have one.....

I took the bracelet off the watch and set it on a piece of wood that I had drilled a small hole in and tapped it loose enough that I could grab the end with a small pincer type pliers and then yanked it the rest of the way out. And yes, they are in there very tight.

When in doubt, I'd say maybe you should buy the correct tool. They aren't very expensive on eBay.

digger2

Thank's for the pictures, it was really easy with a cheap link remover, it seems to be a very good solution, easy to reassemble also.

David543

Thanks for this, I found the link on Google, I have just received one of these I bought for my daughter from Replicamake, now I can get it sized!

Cheers!