Sign in to follow this  
Venomous

JF Audermars Piguet Montauk Highway - My thoughts.

Venomous

Today I recived my first AP, which I've been lusting after ever since I saw it on a weekly wrist check thread here.

In the past, I had been offered the AP MH Noob version, and *almost* pulled the trigger, but then I saw our resident AP connoisseur JonnyBaws mentioned a TD has told him JF was releasing their version of the MH. So I waited. Patiently. Because everything and everyone was raving about the quality of JF.

There's an interesting thread over at RWI (link) about the colour blue of the JF. Some day its not quite there yet in terms of gen colour, and others say the noob blue is closer to gen. I think I even saw someone say it was minty green, to which I say they need to seen an opticions.

Now, I can't speak for the noob version as I have never owned it, but over at RWI on the same thread above, Slaughter (a member) has combined the noob and JF versions together which looks fabulous and appears to be closer to the gen in terms of colouring.

For the JF, you should still buy it if you want it because in reality, the chances of you running into someone with the gen MH is probably slim as their was only 300 pieces made, and in different light conditions the colour does change and it makes it hard to tell.

The finish on the JF MH is top class. It oozes quality and feels it to the touch.

The bezel screws are perfectly flush and the case is tight.

The engraving on the back is top class. Refined yet deep enough to probably fool anyone into thinking it is the genuine article.

It fits and sits on the wrist beautifully and you know you're wearing it because it isn't a light piece, but then it's not so heavy you can't lift your arm.

So far, for me, the only issue that I find is the strap. It's pure shite. Too plasticy and it lets it down badly.

Out of 10? I'd give it an 9, and the point deducted is for the strap. If you're on the fence about buying this, don't be. It's a stunner.

Below are a few pics taken today after it arrived this morning. I've taken quite a few trying to capture the light and different angles.

Excuse the nail polish, I was trying to recreate Toro's pics. And that my daughters painted my nails on the weekend - cute kids....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

skywalker710

Congratulations! Truly a lovely and stunning piece! Wear it in good health mate.

Jooost

Lovely piece! I was looking to buy one of these, but I wasn't comfortable on spending that amount of money on a A7750 with sec@12... Do you got any info on reliability on these by any chance? Enjoy the watch!

Jonnybaws

Nice pickup mate..

I have the v2 Noob with Prof Crystal and a lovely Orloff strap but I'm getting drawn to this now...

Must walk away from this thread, I don't bloody well need to MH!!

myaz

I've been lusting after that model for several years partly because of its incredibly distinctive blue color. That strap really sets it off well but the green fingernail color kinda misses.

Here's hoping you love it a loooong time. :D

Phanphy

congrats on the purchase! stunning

Motoman4540

Sorry, but the pics look minty green to me... I'm sure that it's just the lighting, but ...

tego3007

The JF MH is really nice. Here is mine

912af6da403f8b4477b3da3ba171b3c7.jpg

a4bea461e5af78b713c4e3309de605f3.jpg

Daywatch

It´s simply stunning and beautiful, high price, need of another strap and potential future repairs (and the hassle to find someone who will even try) just make me stand down.

But these looks....... :)

Congrats on an awesome AP

om4r

Looks stunning do you mind me asking where you got it from and for how much?

blancoMatto

Congrats on an awesome AP! I hear a lot of people talk of problems down the line with the chrono's. Roughly how much is a service guys? Thanks

APBands

It's a nice piece. Was never so popular in the Gen world but at the rep price I Can see why it's a hit. I for one like the colors. Congrats.

Bulldog72

Dammit. This has me lusting after the MH again. Somehow I always talk myself out of it.

Genius
The JF MH is really nice. Here is mine

912af6da403f8b4477b3da3ba171b3c7.jpg

a4bea461e5af78b713c4e3309de605f3.jpg

That white rubber strap looks great with your mh

dicky mille

They are absolutely beautiful.