Sign in to follow this  
Timbohire

UK watch repair

trailboss99

If you think I am going to post photos of my Finnish Watchmakers School certification you have another thing coming guys. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

Really? You keep mentioning them on a daily basis so I thought you would be rather proud of them so it very odd you won't show them off.

Oh well if you are shy just tell me what it is exactly you are qualified as, there are so many levels starting with an introductory course that still gets you a nice certificate. IF YOU MAKE CLAIMS OF QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO BACK THEM UP!!!!

Also, you may not call yourself a watchmaker unless you are a mimer of your countries watchmaker's guild. I am sure you are aware of this so what guild are you a member of?

Oh, and you still have not a decent reply to exactly how you considered yourself as UKWS' "overflow" when no such agreement was in place and in fact the guy barely knows you.

You really don't like answering the difficult questions do you? Bad news there is, I (and a lot of others) are waiting for answers. If you expect to have a future anywhere in repdom giving some would be a good idea.

Even if ssteel does not have a cert for watch making who cares?

Work speaks for itself......everyone has qualifications now a days and they mean fuck all!

We care because Micky makes such a big thing of being "qualified" we simply wish to know to what level he is qualified.

Chrisby

I can certify that if you send your watches to me, I'll fuck them up... royally.

Am I certified? (my mental health worker seems to think I should be).

For me if someone claims they they have a certificate in watchmaking then they should be prepared to prove it....because that's why people are sending them work.

If they don't, then they are simply carrying out work for people.

Clearly Mic....... Oops... Ssteel has pissed off a lot of people including mods and admin with his conduct... and that can only exacerbate his tarnished character. I doubt he'll be getting much more work his way.

There's only one person on this forum who I would send my watches to for any kind of repair or mod, that I'm not comfortable with doing myself and I've not ever seen one bad word said about the guy. I choose to send them to him from the consistent positive feedback he receives...

I'm not mentioning names but his relume is second only to the fallout from a nuclear reactor.... (fuck).

Now play nicely whilst I eat my popcorn

Realism

I can certify that if you send your watches to me, I'll fuck them up... royally.

For me if someone claims they they have a certificate in watchmaking then they should be prepared to prove it....because that's why people are sending them work.

Clearly Mic....... Oops... Ssteel has pissed off a lot of people including mods and admin with his conduct... and that can only exacerbate his tarnished character. I doubt he'll be getting much more work his way.

There's only one person on this forum who I would send my watches to for any kind of repair or mod, that I'm not comfortable with doing myself and I've not ever seen one bad word said about the guy. I choose to send them to him from the consistent positive feedback he receives...

I'm not mentioning names but his relume is second only to the fallout from a nuclear reactor.... (fuck).

you can send your watches to Olly

Chrisby

you can send your watches to Olly

I thought my first sentence said I can fuck them up by myself :rofl:

..... Mind you I like the idea of paying someone else to fuck them up

nev848

The whole purpose of certification and certificates is that they are issued as proof.

This is why you see them hung on walls.

Kleen™
The whole purpose of certification and certificates is that they are issued as proof.

...it also explains why so many people have been trying to nail my balls to the wall.

Chrisby

And not written on toilet paper :D

onzenuub

Most toilet paper is hung on walls too. Is that also proof for anything?

nev848

Used toilet paper in many cases..... :)

Chrisby

Used toilet paper in many cases..... :)

It's just not worth the shit it's written on :D

Most toilet paper is hung on walls too. Is that also proof for anything?

It's only proof of something if it's dirty.....

chrish8

Best post in this entire thread

Anybody know anywhere in the uk I can get my rep GMT 2 serviced?

epic-fail-fail-nation-snap-back-fail1.gif

rawbaws
UKWS are fully booked, and I have been acting as their overflow, I'm from the UK,m and live in Finland, drop me a pm should you need help.

In light of the apology which uses the excuse of being crazy busy this post is astounding. Shameless on so many levels. Including the apology.

I think I joined the forum about the same time as the insert scandal and holiday donations and couldn't believe what I was reading.

Here's somebody who was trying to profit from members (also known as running a business) gets caught up in a work issue, and accepts donations from kind hearted members who probably couldn't afford to take their own family in a holiday.

Now we are trying to siphon business from an actual Td?

I won't go into the other posts, all of which I held by breath over being a relatively new member and all, but let me just say, I saw this one was coming a mile away

Wriggles

I won't go into the other posts, all of which I held by breath over being a relatively new member and all, but let me just say, I saw this one was coming a mile away

Ditto

BadPickle
UKWS are fully booked, and I have been acting as their overflow, I'm from the UK,m and live in Finland, drop me a pm should you need help.

In light of the apology which uses the excuse of being crazy busy this post is astounding. Shameless on so many levels. Including the apology.

I think I joined the forum about the same time as the insert scandal and holiday donations and couldn't believe what I was reading.

Here's somebody who was trying to profit from members (also known as running a business) gets caught up in a work issue, and accepts donations from kind hearted members who probably couldn't afford to take their own family in a holiday.

:clap: the emporer is actually naked

Realism

wtF is an emporer

onzenuub

wtF is an emporer

You know.

Realism

wtF is an emporer

You know.

oke. since i know you

onzenuub

wtF is an emporer

You know.

oke. since i know you

You doooooooooooooooooooon't know me. :P

Realism

wtF is an emporer

You know.

oke. since i know you

You doooooooooooooooooooon't know me. :P

see i know that

Chrisby

wtF is an emporer

zXedlOi.jpg

Realism

wtF is an emporer

zXedlOi.jpg

that's happy feet

Chrisby

wtF is an emporer

zXedlOi.jpg

that's happy feet

This is happy feet

YihQp5f.jpg

Realism

wtF is an emporer

zXedlOi.jpg

that's happy feet

This is happy feet

YihQp5f.jpg

that is a replica happy feet

ShovelnTC

Shit I guess I must be having a quiet morning as I have just read through this entire thread but have ended up feeling empty and unsatisfied.

Oh well I think I'll have a coffee :wacko:

Baldrick
I guess my success in watchmaking

You are NOT a "watchmaker".....any more than a farrier is a horse-breeder...........!!!