Sign in to follow this  
E-Dub

Cherry Poppin'

E-Dub

Woop! Woop!

Just made my first transaction with Lawrence. Very clear, concise, easy. Now we wait for the goods, but with the recommendation of all of you, I am pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

2x for the wife Car. Tank and Chan J12 ceramic + a PAM183 for me.

Looking at the PAM's, I'm really liking and thinking I want to get a Cali Dial... which sent me on an internet hunt for vintage military watch sites to scope out other vintage "war watches" that might be replicated.

Found current information for the US with the Marathon JSAR being a really nice piece that I think I'll acquire in for a special occasion in the future (even though its not a luxury watch, I think it will get noticed).

Question: is there a good, comprehensive site for Military Watches (Gen) where I can look at different historical pieces and then search for their reps? Really interested to know about historical watches. For example this is the watch that ______ wore for 8 years when he was prisoner in _____. or this is the watch that _____ wore when he signed the ____ peace treaty? I understand if that info isn't out there or is hard to find, but if theres a site I haven't found with that type of info, please let me know.

Thanks.

E-Dub

It never gets any easier... You just get faster. - Greg LeMond

Member X

I can't say I've heard of such a site but there is a mound of information out there on the historic Rolex and Panerai models, most of which sites take obsession with detail to a new level! :D

KBH

There is an excellent military site that was mentioned by some one who bought a vintage Elgin Ordnance watch about a month ago. But I can't find the post and it may have been on RG.