Sign in to follow this  
greekgod

Need help!! Lost my CG screw. KW 312 V2. Perth, Australia

greekgod

HI guys,

The cg just fell off today and I have lost one screw. Couldn't find it anywhere.

Can anyone help? It's the other screw which is visible. Not the one hiding under the clasp.

I am located in Perth, Australia.

Very sad.

chrish8

probably one of the more asked/discussed questions on either forum. Use the search function and there are a ton of post for this most say try ebay plenty of them out there

greekgod

Sorry may be I should have phrased it properly. What I meant by asking " can anyone help" and putting "I am located in Perth, Australia" was; that if anyone in Australia has a spare one which they might consider selling/shipping to me ??

missa146

Hey mate, I'm also based in Perth but unfortunately don't have a spare one. It happened to me 2 years ago and I ordered it from Jackson Tse. Just make sure you get the right size and finish

Cheers

greekgod

Thanks missa. Few members here I Perth I see. We should have a gtg!

kakashi239

Replacement screws are pretty easy and cheap to find online

strozzi

Panatime has these.

greekgod

Will all Pams have the same model of replacement screw for CG?? Thats what I want to know.. exactly what to search for and look for?

I have seen the pantime ones and they seem good I reckon

mysterio

Will all Pams have the same model of replacement screw for CG?? Thats what I want to know.. exactly what to search for and look for?

I have seen the pantime ones and they seem good I reckon

Compare the photos of the ones on panatimes website with the remaining screw that you have. I have read that the Luminor Bettarini case takes different screws than the ones for the Luminor 1950s case. Or contact panatime directly. They should be able to answer that question easily as that would be one of the most commonly asked questions of them.

greekgod

Thanks really appreciate your help. So is the rep Pam screws made to the exact specifications to that of gen

mysterio

Thanks really appreciate your help. So is the rep Pam screws made to the exact specifications to that of gen

For most of the first class (of which the KW PAM312 is classified) and the super reps, that statement would be true.

ALE7575

A good idea is assure you don't lose the only screw you have

Use this screw to strongly fix the CG in the external part (visible part). Use a bit of Loctite 222 or 243 to assure this screw. Leave free of screw the hole under the lever. Nobody will be able to realize the missing screw under the lever

Try to get in its place the CG with only this screw, that will be enough

If you want to assure a bit more the fixation, put a bit of the same Loctite in the base of the CG before the assembling

That will work

ALE

Edited by ALE7575