Sign in to follow this  
lonelyby2

Where to get IWC portugieser Chornograph

lonelyby2

Hey Guys, can someone recommend me where to get good replica IWC portugieser Chornograph watch??

I would like to Gold colour case inside is black colour with gold dial. IW371482. I find replica set not the real one.

Can someone help me? Because I'm new to this thing.

black263

Don't think the Chornograph is repped. There is a Chronograph, but that's not what you seem to want. Read the links below (Yes, all of them), and then you'll know the answer to the question, and why it didn't need asking.

T__H

First of all: research and read. After that: research and read a little more. And then, yeah, you have to research and research again ;)

The best way to find the best rep is to find it by yourself. Nobody here will teach you who is "the best dealer with the best rep" or something like this...

Read until your eyes will bleed ;)

lonelyby2

Thank T_H and black263 for your help.

dmmoroney

I purchased an IWC Portofino from Perfect Clones. Excellent communication with dealer, beautiful watch, and so far no problems! (Knock on wood)

Here's what I can tell you from my experience (and trust me, if I'm wrong someone will surely jump all over me like I'm a moron because the people on here absolutely love to do that)

First off, you won't get much help here when asking about what watch to get or where to get it. Everyone is just going to tell you to read and read and read because you're a noob.

Secondly, and more importantly to answer your question somewhat, from what I've learned the main issue with the Portuguese Chronograph is that the "seconds" sub-dial is located at the "6" position. The reason this is an issue is that you will notice that the Rep Portuguese use the Asia 7750 movement and on this movement the "seconds" sub-dial is located at the "9" position. So the movement has to be altered with the addition of more parts to correct the change of location. This can result in problems more often than say a chronograph with a "seconds" sub-dial at "9" (such as the IWC Portofino, hence my switch. I was originally looking to get a Portuguese as well.)

You will find people on here that have had success with the Portuguese line, and they are absolutely stunning watches. At some point I will pick one up. But I wanted to take on a little bit less risk of problems with my first purchase. Also, I have been looking at some of the Montblanc Chrono's as well. They're very nice and have the "seconds" at "9".

I hope this helps a bit. Now let the trolling responses begin!!!!!!!

Daywatch

Hi, the one here normally is gold with white face. Problems may come sooner or later with the A7750 movement, if You use it less normally it holds longer. There are quartz versions that do not have the problem but purists do not want them, still a good first watch and not so expensive in quartz. You can try the delaers Aoobuy, Watchfinder or Kuvarsit and Trusty to take a look at the quartz versions.

Best purchase for somebody new on here is a non-chrono with Asian ETA. Have fun and try reading a lot on here first.

dmmoroney

I would concur with Daywatch. I'm not gonna buy a quartz rep of a 28,800 movement, etc. (too easy of a tell). Non-chrono is going to be least problematic.

JSJ

I purchased an IWC Portofino from Perfect Clones. Excellent communication with dealer, beautiful watch, and so far no problems! (Knock on wood)

Here's what I can tell you from my experience (and trust me, if I'm wrong someone will surely jump all over me like I'm a moron because the people on here absolutely love to do that)

First off, you won't get much help here when asking about what watch to get or where to get it. Everyone is just going to tell you to read and read and read because you're a noob.

Secondly, and more importantly to answer your question somewhat, from what I've learned the main issue with the Portuguese Chronograph is that the "seconds" sub-dial is located at the "6" position. The reason this is an issue is that you will notice that the Rep Portuguese use the Asia 7750 movement and on this movement the "seconds" sub-dial is located at the "9" position. So the movement has to be altered with the addition of more parts to correct the change of location. This can result in problems more often than say a chronograph with a "seconds" sub-dial at "9" (such as the IWC Portofino, hence my switch. I was originally looking to get a Portuguese as well.)

You will find people on here that have had success with the Portuguese line, and they are absolutely stunning watches. At some point I will pick one up. But I wanted to take on a little bit less risk of problems with my first purchase. Also, I have been looking at some of the Montblanc Chrono's as well. They're very nice and have the "seconds" at "9".

I hope this helps a bit. Now let the trolling responses begin!!!!!!!

I reckon you are unfair to say what 'everyone' on here does. What we often don't like is when someone treats us like customer services and makes little or no effort to find out for themselves.

If someone is stuck, having tried to work things out, you won't find a more helpful bunch than members here. I still ask noob questions and receive some great help.

I've been around the Portuguese secs@6 issue a while now and your summary looks good to me. Anyone buying one needs to understand the risks. Only reading will really help with that.

What Portofino with secs@9 do you have? I'd be interested to hear about it.

dmmoroney

I didn't mean to insult anyone. I've just been down the road of asking a question and getting all the same responses. I understand the basics, and perhaps a bit more than that. But sometimes I just want to know if someone has an answer to my question. An ideal scenario for me would be if I asked my question and 2 things happened; 1. Anyone with the answer responds and 2. the people who don't have an answer don't respond. That's it! LOL. Unfortunately, a lot of people take time out of their day in order to write a smart ass remark to the OP about he should read and do research. If you don't have anything nice or productive to add then just keep to yourself!!!!

I picked up the black leather, black face Portofino Chrono. Beautiful watch, totally. Of course it could do with an upgraded strap, but that can wait a bit. I'm trying to get a Zenith next!

RichardMiami

none of which is a review.

Moved.

diaby2afc
Don't think the Chornograph is repped. There is a Chronograph, but that's not what you seem to want. Read the links below (Yes, all of them), and then you'll know the answer to the question, and why it didn't need asking.

Don't be so harsh on the OP. Rather than give him misinformation you ought to read up yourself as the watch inquired is indeed repped.

Link below is from Ryan, a TD in other forums (not sure about this one though)

http://www.intime.co/iwc/1819-portuguese-40mm-chrono-rg-gray-dial-black-subdial-on-leather-strap-a7750.html

One word of advice to the OP, this type of movement is notorious for not being reliable. I can't give you my experience but read up on it using keywords such as "seconds at six" and "Portuguese Chronograph"

JSJ
I didn't mean to insult anyone. I've just been down the road of asking a question and getting all the same responses. I understand the basics, and perhaps a bit more than that. But sometimes I just want to know if someone has an answer to my question. An ideal scenario for me would be if I asked my question and 2 things happened; 1. Anyone with the answer responds and 2. the people who don't have an answer don't respond. That's it! LOL. Unfortunately, a lot of people take time out of their day in order to write a smart ass remark to the OP about he should read and do research. If you don't have anything nice or productive to add then just keep to yourself!!!!

I picked up the black leather, black face Portofino Chrono. Beautiful watch, totally. Of course it could do with an upgraded strap, but that can wait a bit. I'm trying to get a Zenith next!

Just engage a bit man!

What questions do you have?

Portofino sounds fine. Any pics?

masmannan

What's the rush. Why can't Noobs show a bit of goddam respect and use the search button.

This is a hobby. No lives are in danger.

LightGeek

I had a similar one.

2ee3031deb76df2b36647eb40fed7457.jpg

wqleow
I had a similar one.

Which you sold to me!

Wriggles

Don't be so harsh on the OP. Rather than give him misinformation you ought to read up yourself as the watch inquired is indeed repped.

http://www.intime.co/iwc/1819-portuguese-40mm-chrono-rg-gray-dial-black-subdial-on-leather-strap-a7750.html

One word of advice to the OP, this type of movement is notorious for not being reliable. I can't give you my experience but read up on it using keywords such as "seconds at six" and "Portuguese Chronograph"

Maybe you should read Blacks comment a bit more carefully before you accuse him of being harsh. He has a sense of humour you know. Subtlety and nuance is lost on some people. As is also spelling it seems

And to dmmoroney, smart ass comments are what this forum is built on. You're a member long enough to realise that. Its all normally good natured. This is a public forum and people can post whatever they like, we're all mostly adults and should be able to deal with it

myaz

I would concur with Daywatch. I'm not gonna buy a quartz rep of a 28,800 movement, etc. (too easy of a tell). Non-chrono is going to be least problematic.

Here's a quartz, not as smooth as a 28.8K movement but sweeps. (OK, the sub-dial doesn't)

lonelyby2

Hey bro where you get from.. I look for that watch too..

I had a similar one.

lonelyby2

Yea.. thank bro hard to find it.. due to too many model code look the same. I appreciate your help..

This one??

http://watchfinder.phanfare.com/6856918

Watchfinder on the TD list

black263

http://www.intime.co...trap-a7750.html

Maybe you should read Blacks comment a bit more carefully before you accuse him of being harsh. He has a sense of humour you know. Subtlety and nuance is lost on some people. As is also spelling it seems

And to dmmoroney, smart ass comments are what this forum is built on. You're a member long enough to realise that. Its all normally good natured. This is a public forum and people can post whatever they like, we're all mostly adults and should be able to deal with it

I might add that Chornometers are quite rare too. But can be found.

dmmoroney

I'm glad this evolved into a spirited, lively and informational conversation! I meant no offense to anyone with my initial comments. I just know how that goes and I wanted to help the OP instead of just telling him to go and read. I've been helped many times here and been told to go read many times! Lol. It's all good! Lots of fun :-)

Wriggles

Wow great find. Thought bit like the DoDo they were gone but what a find!!!

Still no chornographs though :(

I'm glad this evolved into a spirited, lively and informational conversation! I meant no offense to anyone with my initial comments. I just know how that goes and I wanted to help the OP instead of just telling him to go and read. I've been helped many times here and been told to go read many times! Lol. It's all good! Lots of fun :-)

Its all good buddy :)

black263

Wow great find. Thought bit like the DoDo they were gone but what a find!!!

Still no chornographs though :(

Its all good buddy :)

They were available from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co...h/dp/B000GHG9GQ Looks like Toro was handling these.

myaz

They were available from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co...h/dp/B000GHG9GQ Looks like Toro was handling these.

Actually, I think it was Thorno who was handling them.

@ OP: Looks like WatchFinder got you covered. You always want to do your reading first, oft in the reviews section to understand the differences in iterations but then, if you can't find your next rep in the TDs' picture galleries, members will often email a pic to a Trusted Dealer and they'll tell you whether it's available.