Sign in to follow this  
texasbear

Repairing bracket links, screw not flush

texasbear

While sizing my rep I found that one of the link screws just won't go in all the way. I looked back at the QC photos but realize this particular angle wasn't there so I'm not certain of when this happened.

Anyhow my goal is to fix it! You can see the right size of the link has the screw in, but it won't be tightened any further. It sticks out just a hair when all put together but it was coming loose the other day. I just don't want to take a chance of it coming apart.

I hear comments about rep straps being rubbish but this one has the right look. The other day I noticed, because of this band, that Emeril Lagasse was wearing this same chronograph in his show. I'd love to keep the bracelet in good working condition.

Linked to original size.

2x5aN8gl.jpg

Gazzla

Try swapping it with another of the link screws. This will tell you if the fault is with the link or with the screw. ;)

texasbear
Try swapping it with another of the link screws. This will tell you if the fault is with the link or with the screw. ;)
You're absolutely right, sorry I forgot to mention it but I tried a couple other screws.

texasbear

The only odd thing about the setup right now is that link, this problem link, is upside down. I have a stuck screw in that link and I rotated it 180 degrees it to be able to put it back together. Could this mean there is a 'right side up' orientation?

Irishcain
The only odd thing about the setup right now is that link, this problem link, is upside down. I have a stuck screw in that link and I rotated it 180 degrees it to be able to put it back together. Could this mean there is a 'right side up' orientation?

Most are omnidirectional, but yours may not be. Turn it around and give it a try.