Crazyforwatches

What is happened to my dj?? :(

Crazyforwatches

Hi all,

two days ago I left my datejust in the watch box...just took that and it was not running. So all ok till now.

I was going to set the time after I shaked it a bit... and wtf?!?

Now the date change at 7 pm..... how could this happen? what should I do?? :(

Is a datejust II with a2836 movement

Edited by Crazyforwatches

Crazyforwatches

I don't know if it can helps...

But the date start changing already at 6 o clock (stuck in the middle of the date window)...and changes at 7 pm. never happened because usually it changes with a firm click at midnight as you know

Also, when I set the time and I'm at 7 am, I can feel a click inside the movement... like some gears are engaged, never heard it at 12 am before

I've already ordered some tools on the bay, including an hands remover...to try to reset the hands to zero...but have I to check something else???? I can't understand what happened the watch was in the box

Thank you in advance to whom will help me :(

Crazyforwatches

92 visits and not one reply? :(

GenTLe

Not really possible to reply without seeing the watch unassembled... The way a 2836 is done should not permit a slow date change: there is a spring pressing on a cam that makes the date change gear to "click" and quickly makes the dw to advance.

My only guess is that that spring got out of place, or the date quick change gear got broken. Not a difficult repair but not for a newbie for sure...

Crazyforwatches

Thanks for the reply Gentle... I'm waiting these tools then I'll take off the movement and I'll try to post a pic with the dial also removed...maybe I can repair it with your help

then if not possible I'll look for a watchsmith here locally that accept to look at a rep

GenTLe

Better if you practice with some low cost ones before trying with the rep...

Believe me: I followed your path and ended up throwing away nearly 500$ in killed watches...

Get some Indian cheapie from the bay (they comes at 12/15$)

NFleischer

I would expect a pretty easy fix with a watch smith. I have a gen Tag that changes at 4:30 am, but I don't really mind.

Crazyforwatches

Yeah sure it ' s not an expensive fix...but I think that for first I'll try by myself. Or maybe tuesday I'll look for a watchsmith lol :D

sure I can't wear it in this condition

Crazyforwatches

Some news... for first the watch still running after my noob attempt to fix it! :D

Now the date change as expected around 11.54 pm (bad positioning of hands after a lot of attempts :( )

but I'm quite satisfied.

There still be a problem which I can't understand:

Date starts changing already at 10 pm.

at Around 11 pm is at half of the window.

The spring which lock the calendar gear seems ok...what could be the problem? doesn't bore me I'll wear it ...but if there's a solution I would try

SW20

I actually have the exact same issue with my Omega PO let me know how you fixed it

Odyseus

i think you have a problem with the datewheel spring?

Crazyforwatches

I don't know it seems ok....I ll take the movement off during next week and I ll post a pic :)

Crazyforwatches

damn ...don't know how but I f*ed the keyless, now another problem to be fixed lol

for now I'll park the movement in a box...no time to check it better. probably I'll upgrade it with a swiss movt, as my intent is to use the case to make a franken with gen dial and WG bezel on leather strap.

SW20 I hope you'll find a way to fix it on your PO