Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

24 Hour Watch

Chiquita Fanjita

My Dads best mate was over from Canada a few weeks ago and we got talking about watches. He showed me his Tissot that he's had for at least 30 years and was explaining it was a 24 hour watch. Although it looks like its showing 4.28 it is actually showing 20.28. Never seen anything like this before, and thought I'd share it here.

IMG_4684_zps4kxi64nl.jpg

simey83

Very cool :)

midasmook

Very interesting Andy, I couldn't use that I literally wouldn't know what time of day it was. Really interesting though and first time I've ever saw this.

Crazyforwatches

First time I see a tissot like thate.

But I've already looked at a 24 hour watch in the past... the glycine Airman is the coolest one, but out of budget for me in the moment.

RichardMiami

My Russian version at 13:55

Russian%2024%20hour-X2.jpg

OLDBLOKE74

cool

I rx2268s.jpg

I have seen repro German and Russian "submariner" watches - 'spose if you are under water for weeks then you don't know if it is day or night. Here is a gen - very interesting.

Chavezzito

Cool!

I've been looking at a similar but newer one, don't know if I should buy one or not:

de235bf67a34f69b8f0f428435aea37d.jpg

The brand is called Slow.

Crazyforwatches

That's my dream

2cf5gyt.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

Very interesting Andy, I couldn't use that I literally wouldn't know what time of day it was. Really interesting though and first time I've ever saw this.

:lol: I was a bit like that when I would glance over and see it on his wrist, but after a week of seeing it, it began to get easier John.

My Russian version at 13:55

Russian%2024%20hour-X2.jpg

Nice mate. Are these a kinda Naval type watch? He was in the Navy and was saying all his colleagues were mainly buying/wearing Rolex but he liked to be a bit different.

RichardMiami

I believe it to be gen Russian military, but not sure which branch.

I had to take that pic with the flash on, since in regular light the dial printing is so feint you can not see it!

Unfortunately, that makes it unreadable.. :(

Daywatch

While the concept is interesting when You have one of these You can never use another watch.... The Hamilton dial starting at 24 hrs is a nicer solution and the Hamilton anyway looks great with the tachymeter scale and cardinal points on the bezelring.

Chiquita Fanjita

Cool!

I've been looking at a similar but newer one, don't know if I should buy one or not:

Has it only got one hand or are they overlapping? If it's only got the one, that would really confuse the shit out of me :lol:

mysterio

Why is the 0/24 at the bottom instead of the top? Very peculiar and I would say unique placement (it is the only one thus far with this configuration among the watches posted).

Chavezzito

Cool!

Has it only got one hand or are they overlapping? If it's only got the one, that would really confuse the shit out of me :lol:

As far as I understand it only has one hand and shows the minutes as an ish...so the pic would be 16:30somethingish :lol:

Chiquita Fanjita

Why is the 0/24 at the bottom instead of the top? Very peculiar and I would say unique placement (it is the only one thus far with this configuration among the watches posted).

Well spotted! Guessing maybe to keep the 12 in its customary position. The Slow posted above too seems to have the same placement.

Irishcain

My dad had one from his military days, but I haven't seen it in years. He retired as a DI from the USMC.

Chiquita Fanjita

As far as I understand it only has one hand and shows the minutes as an ish...so the pic would be 16:30somethingish :lol:

Yup, would definitely confuse the shit out of me :rofl:

Chiquita Fanjita

My dad had one from his military days, but I haven't seen it in years. He retired as a DI from the USMC.

Was it a Tissot too the same as I posted mate?

Seand83

Cool!

I have been thinking about getting one of these for sometime now. I keep seeing them.

conx

It took me years to learn how to tell the time on my mickey mouse watch - this would confuse the bejesus out of me.

sbryantgb

IMG_4684_zps4kxi64nl.jpg

Ebay usually has a few for sale, mostly Russian ones, the Tissot is interesting since it has the Numerals at 180degrees to the usual 24hr watch. With 12 being at the top (top of the day) and the 24 at the bottom.

A very nice watch, I would love to own one :)

The Slow watch is marked in 15min increments so you only need one hand.

Edited by sbryantgb

narikaa

Theres quite a few 'one hands' out there

in 12 hour config the markers are in 5 min increments usually so reading the time is pretty much OK

Ive been eyeing this one on the bay which has an addition of a simple chrono:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181704845167

LightGeek

Botta Uno anyone?

Irishcain

Was it a Tissot too the same as I posted mate?

To tell the truth, I don't really remember. The only reason I remembered it (beyond this thread) was because I wore it to school for a day and couldn't figure out how the time worked, lol.

grb

Could try a jumping hours instead

17110-1.jpg