Sign in to follow this  
Phanphy

Stunning AP, broken rotor

Phanphy

Hi guys,

Just received this beauty in the mail today - however, to my dismay, the rotor has fallen out of place! All the functions work fine if I wind it, but this is pretty annoying. Any pointers?

B0222A58-D1DC-46A0-9482-91EBBF400D99_zps8zogyq7i.jpgB4AD9F4E-2B57-40BC-8B4C-4D0F8CA2C795_zpsiubrzc3s.jpg

Irishcain

Remove the back and press the rotor back into place

Phanphy

Remove the back and press the rotor back into place

Took your advice and it's all fine again! Phew, all that stress for nothing haha, thanks mate

Irishcain

No problem :D

Phanphy

Ah update: even after realigning it, it's fallen off again :( might be missing a part or something sigh! Will take it to the watch smith and see what they say.

majklcze

Same issue happens to me with my Rose Gold AP :( i will take it to the watchsmith too, hope they will fix it

Martijn0007

Is this the cheaper version from Toro? This is the third issue I hear with the rotor.

Chiquita Fanjita

Is this the cheaper version from Toro?

Looks like it from the picture. Was tempted by these myself.

Genius

may be a case of a porrly machined rotor.

Probably worth getting hold of a standard miyota rotor that will fit. It wont looks as nice but at least it wont fall off

Phanphy

Is this the cheaper version from Toro? This is the third issue I hear with the rotor.

Yep this is the cheaper "new maker" version from toro. Apparently a few people have had problems with the rotor in the past with this particular model. In the meantime I'm using it like a manual wind watch haha

RepHunter13

I have the same issue I believe with my AP Grand Prix the Rotor rotates consistently and makes a little bit I noise at the turn of the wrist what to do????

JerAnt

Oh man - I've got one of these inbound from Toro too (first AP). If this happens to mine, is removing the case back as easy as just removing the screws and lifting?

Also, from your experience, is the movement truly a Miyota 9015?

Phanphy

Oh man - I've got one of these inbound from Toro too (first AP). If this happens to mine, is removing the case back as easy as just removing the screws and lifting?

Also, from your experience, is the movement truly a Miyota 9015?

Removing the case back is as simple as you said! I think my problem is to do with the size/shape of the rotor itself :\ Still need to get it looked at

scorpion

If it keeps falling off you could try a tiny bit of loctite thread locker on it which would fix it in place.

Irishcain

If it keeps falling off you could try a tiny bit of loctite thread locker on it which would fix it in place.

+1 Good idea. Just make sure to use the blue loctite and not the red, just to be safe.

JerAnt

Off topic from the rotor issue a bit - but how would you replace the crown on this watch? Still waiting for mine - but the (mis)lignment of the AP on the crown it comes with is gonna drive me nuts ...

Irishcain

Off topic from the rotor issue a bit - but how would you replace the crown on this watch? Still waiting for mine - but the (mis)lignment of the AP on the crown it comes with is gonna drive me nuts ...

replacing a crown is relatively straight forward. Post a pic so we can see if that's actually what needs to be done.

JerAnt

replacing a crown is relatively straight forward. Post a pic so we can see if that's actually what needs to be done.

Thanks - and will do as soon as it's in my grubby hands (current tracking shows it in

GUANGZHOU - I hate the waiting part!)

. From the pictures I've seen (on the TD site, QC pics), the issue is that the AP lines up with the "points" of the octagon, not the "flats". Pretty sure that means I'll need to find another crown with the proper alignment and replace ...

GenTLe

I'd actually use a less crystalline glue, so a very tiny amount of 5min 2 component epoxy. To be applied with the central part of the rotor removed from the movement...

JerAnt

I'd actually use a less crystalline glue, so a very tiny amount of 5min 2 component epoxy. To be applied with the central part of the rotor removed from the movement...

What about a little bit of clear silicone? Sticks like crazy, but should still allow for fairly easy removal of rotor in the future ...?

GenTLe

I don't like silicone. Too elastic. In any case the rotor is kept there by the screws of the cental part, so gluing the rotor to its central part doesn't affect its removal possibility.

JerAnt

Thanks - and will do as soon as it's in my grubby hands (current tracking shows it in

From the pictures I've seen (on the TD site, QC pics), the issue is that the AP lines up with the "points" of the octagon, not the "flats". Pretty sure that means I'll need to find another crown with the proper alignment and replace ...

Received the "new maker" AP earlier this week - overall, it looks great and has a very nice weight to it. My wrist is just over 8" - and the bracelet just barely fit - so keep this in mind if you are considering this purchase.

Here are a couple of quick photos, and hopefully from them someone can confirm my belief that the AP is not aligned correctly and then guide me on how I would go about replacing it if so. (After living with the watch for a few days, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would - if the AP is indeed misaligned - but I'd still rather correct it at some point).

FaceView_zpsdfeflvog.jpg

Clasp details:

StrapView_zpsgoowcdkv.jpg

Crown close-up ... is my assumption correct?

CloseUpCrown_zpsag2zp6a3.jpg

Movement:

MovementCloseUp1_zpsgl4rspl1.jpg

So there it is. Should the crown be replaced to be more authentic? How do I go about it?

Thanks for any help.

Phanphy

From the pictures I've seen (on the TD site, QC pics), the issue is that the AP lines up with the "points" of the octagon, not the "flats". Pretty sure that means I'll need to find another crown with the proper alignment and replace ...

Received the "new maker" AP earlier this week - overall, it looks great and has a very nice weight to it. My wrist is just over 8" - and the bracelet just barely fit - so keep this in mind if you are considering this purchase.

Here are a couple of quick photos, and hopefully from them someone can confirm my belief that the AP is not aligned correctly and then guide me on how I would go about replacing it if so. (After living with the watch for a few days, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would - if the AP is indeed misaligned - but I'd still rather correct it at some point).

FaceView_zpsdfeflvog.jpg

Clasp details:

Movement:

So there it is. Should the crown be replaced to be more authentic? How do I go about it?

Thanks for any help.

If anything, the most glaringly obvious flaw I've noticed is the incorrect date wheel rather than the crown haha.

JerAnt

FaceView_zpsdfeflvog.jpg

Clasp details:

Movement:

Thanks for any help.

If anything, the most glaringly obvious flaw I've noticed is the incorrect date wheel rather than the crown haha.

So educate me - what specifically is the issue with the date wheel? (Also, is the crown emblem positioned incorrectly?)

ma0am

This must be a bigger issue. had the rotor come off as well on my AP, but it bought it from Trusty.

He mentioned the same thing: push it back in place.