Sign in to follow this  
MikeTampa

First rep: PAM177P Noob

MikeTampa

This is my first "super rep" purchase and I'm glad I went with this model. I did a ton of research on this forum and others and decided to order through WI.

I picked the 177 as I like the brushed look much more than a high polished watch. I think it's better for more casual wear. I did consider some of the DLC/PVD coated PAMs but the titanium is what really drew me to this specific model. My wrist is a bit smaller than average, so the cut in weight is definitely welcomed.

I have a friend that owns a gen PAM000. We sat down this afternoon and compared our watches, paying very close attention to all the small details.

I must say this watch could very easily be mistaken as a gen. I think the only tells would be the CG pin, CG lever action and some details in the movement. Other than that, it's very very well made. The lume is almost exactly the same quality as gen.

Next purchase will probably be a 44mm submersible.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Now for pics!

8f40f280875aab919c4e40851b1dceda.jpg8329541a3996a6af865e503edbad6f23.jpg95fdaefca9f54bce2294a798f4b1521a.jpg50be68886a5beadc582f0a21da7d10de.jpg87efd1b0d04ad014160f8bcfc895edc2.jpg

lonelyby2

Nice watch, good choice~

kiko1314

wow, the CP on this one is pretty nice. wear it well

Ji4040

Congrats on the new watch! Did that strap come with it? Forgot the wrist shot. I think I'll order one too.

Testomatic

Amazing piece wear it well

Who s your TD ?

Pamwatcher

Nice watch, excellent choice, personally I also like the brushed look of the titanium but they say it is more prone to scratches. Let us know how easy it scratches :Thinking:

What do you mean by CG lever action? Is the lever wobbly, or just less firm than gen?

MikeTampa
Congrats on the new watch! Did that strap come with it? Forgot the wrist shot. I think I'll order one too.

The strap is actually made by Greg Stevens Design. I had it custom made for the previous watch I was wearing. It's had about 8 months of daily wear.

The watch came with a rubber dive strap.

2bda0b07bf4d1e8c51fb6ee0c78dfd28.jpg

1a72504bb5a3fe8acd2b2fdc9055c54f.jpg

Nice watch, excellent choice, personally I also like the brushed look of the titanium but they say it is more prone to scratches. Let us know how easy it scratches :Thinking:

What do you mean by CG lever action? Is the lever wobbly, or just less firm than gen?

Well the CG action is actually very firm with a solid click close but as its closing, the crown is tilted at an angle right before the snap closed. It still closes nice and straight and feels extremely secure. Here's a pic of what I mean:

Besides that one small issue, this watch has the fit and finish of a BMW.

4fdb1bce50a03540e736ff70307e94ce.jpg

Edited by MikeTampa

MikeTampa

Oh yeah wrist shot!291d150ce38bb89bdb299bb72548d80e.jpg

MikeTampa
Amazing piece wear it well

Who s your TD ?

TD is Watchinternational.

Pamwatcher

Thanks for the enlightening pic of the lever action! Didn't know that. But as you say very nice watch despite this small issue.

MikeTampa
Thanks for the enlightening pic of the lever action! Didn't know that. But as you say very nice watch despite this small issue.

Decided to film a quick vid just so you guys get the idea. http://youtu.be/DkJ3fxA5GQs

Testomatic

Decided to film a quick vid just so you guys get the idea. http://youtu.be/DkJ3fxA5GQs

That s a pretty audible movement, which one is that ?

MikeTampa

That s a pretty audible movement, which one is that ?

That's funny I didn't realize you could hear the movement in the video. It's an Asian 6497 Unitas.