Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Apple Watch

BadPickle
Don't get it.... Really don't. Just pull your phone out of your pocket and buy yourself a nice Gen.

It will date and you need the eyes of a shit house rat to see the screen.

"Shit house rat"

Now that's why we love you nev, right there :lmao:

nunu78

No way in hell I'm buying this.

Chrisby

And as Nev said you'll get nowhere near the 18hrs of battery life, the constantly on Bluetooth connection will rape both the watch battery and your phone battery like they were cheap hookers.

Sure, I love the idea of talking into my watch like Michael Knight... But until I can summon my car with it this won't be on my list.

nunu78
And as Nev said you'll get nowhere near the 18hrs of battery life, the constantly on Bluetooth connecting will rape both the watch battery and your phone battery like they were cheap hookers.

Sure, I love the idea of talking into my watch like Michael Knight... But until I can summon my car with it this won't be on my list.

Well said.

Stuvetjee

Oh and 18 hr battery life probably reduced to half that when used.

What a joke. The thing will be plugged in the wall more than its on your wrist.

Where is Apples head sometimes...... Design over practicality.

And £15,000 for a limited edition..........FFS are they mad.

Rant over.

3EZMY.gif

megatronz0r

Just from my personal experience (buying the first IPhone) i would not buy the first gen even if its something you are interested in (that's just my personal opinion from past experience.)I think its a great tool for people who are very into fitness.

but for those interested reviews have already been leaked.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102569234

*but seriously buy apple - you need it you want it - it will get you laid - its the cool thing to do - its pretty*

* i have nothing to gain by apple stock rising....

wdev

Rant over.

Actually smart business practice, because it will sell out in minutes to the rich douchebags ;)

But this "watch" is an abomination to horology, I prefer to stick to mechanics

LightGeek

Well call me a sheep as I preordered both the 38 and 42mm with Milanese bracelet.

megatronz0r

Rant over.

Actually smart business practice, because it will sell out in minutes to the rich douchebags ;)

But this "watch" is an abomination to horology, I prefer to stick to mechanics

i totally agree with your last statement i think apple would have been better off calling it something other than a watch.

Duzza

HOLY F*CKSTOCKINGS! Unless they come with a micro SD expansion slot, there's no way I'd consider one at those prices

+1 i bet they will release a new version next year with a "apple expansion slot" or something along them lines, noticed they never went to micro sd or a standard expansion on anything they have.

other then display port on there computers which they probably had a bitch a moan about

Why would you want an expansion slot? You don't store anything on the watch.

Wriggles

Difficult to see the point, let alone the attraction. It's an extension screen for an iPhone! WTF??

This. The most pointless piece of technology I think I've ever seen. And it looks horrendous. Get a dedicated GPS/fitness watch, it'll be better, cheaper, and still be useful in more than 18months time

Kleen™

This is the first Apple-based product group I will not be buying into...despite being a hardcore treehugger-PC fanboy since 1989...

(yes....I even bought the Newton...)

James.

Meh it'll be obsolete in 6 months

Kleen™

This is the Apple Watch you really want:

solkryssare

This is the first Apple-based product group I will not be buying into...despite being a hardcore treehugger-PC fanboy since 1989...

+1

I'm a, quite recreantly converted fan boy. Been a Win user for years but after getting my first Mac 5 years ago, I'm not going back.

Apple is a double edged sword. Some of their products are insanely overpriced and hyped for no reason. Others like the Macbook Pro are fantastic products and competitively priced compared to high end Win based computers.

When I got my Pro last year I did extensive research on what else was out there. Yes, you could get lappys with the same specs for less. But when taking durability, portability and build quality into account only a few makers like Lenovo, Dell and HP could compete. And when fitted with the exact same hardware, the Mac was actually the cheapest one......

And with the added bonus of looking stunning, it was not a hard choice for me.

no0rmal

I was really considering buying this, but since the 42 SS version + link bracelet brings this over 1k €, i'm gonna pass this as I think it's a lot of money for an iPhone screen extension. Plus, i would have to leave this new hobby of mine :giggle:

JBJtw

Macs are fantastic, iPhones aren't as good as the top of the range android equivalent and the Apple Watch won't look as cool as any of my watches.

So they can fuck off with their overpriced tack.

Kleen™

+1

I'm a, quite recreantly converted fan boy. Been a Win user for years but after getting my first Mac 5 years ago, I'm not going back.

Apple is a double edged sword. Some of their products are insanely overpriced and hyped for no reason. Others like the Macbook Pro are fantastic products and competitively priced compared to high end Win based computers.

When I got my Pro last year I did extensive research on what else was out there. Yes, you could get lappys with the same specs for less. But when taking durability, portability and build quality into account only a few makers like Lenovo, Dell and HP could compete. And when fitted with the exact same hardware, the Mac was actually the cheapest one......

And with the added bonus of looking stunning, it was not a hard choice for me.

+1 right back @ ya

- except; I have NEVER considered Apple to be overpriced...actually considering the overall value proposition (unfuzzed OS and GUI, platform integration, hard/software matching, build quality, longevity, price/performance, design, build quality etc) I have always considered them to be a bloody bargain in direct comparison with literally 'everything else available'.

At work I have always had a PC to work in parallel comparison to my Macs, and have alway found the former wanting in almost any aspect...in more specific terms, I've never spent a single dime of my own money on PCs as it just didn't make sense to me.

As an example: I have >10 year old iMacs still running trouble-free on a daily basis in my home...eg. the kids use them on a daily basis, and never complain about any problems....how many PCs would be able to do that...?

solkryssare

As an example: I have >10 year old iMacs still running trouble-free on a daily basis in my home...eg. the kids use them on a daily basis, and never complain about any problems....how many PCs would be able to do that...?

That, right there, is what it's all about

Kleen™

Exactly.

Quite a bit of money: Yes.

Expensive: No.

solkryssare

Exactly.

Right

Waiting for Baldy to kick my ass.............. :D

Kleen™

Exactly.

Right

Waiting for Baldy to kick my ass.............. :D

Do not worry. Balders doesn't do that anymore...he's gone all soft, mushy and overly tolerant these days...;)

greg_r

Agreed with Sol & Kleen.

Big fan of Macs generally. Total cost of ownership is lower than most people give 'em credit for and any sort of Unix has to be better than the alternative (speaking as someone who makes a good part of his living supporting a Windows network). I like much of Apple's other kit too.

Have precisely ZERO interest in the Apple Watch. Won't be buying one, won't be trying one, wouldn't wear it if you gave it to me for free. Hell, wouldn't wear it if you paid me. Can see no point in it whatsoever.

sbryantgb

I think this is the most practical solution I seen so far to the smart watch. You can purchase just the band.

Kairos.jpg

kairos1.png

https://kairoswatches.com/

Edited by sbryantgb