Sign in to follow this  
T9000

Hi

T9000

Just a quick intro.........I'm a commercial photographer based in Yorkshire in the UK. I've always had an interest in watches and I know what I like, but I genuinely know very little about them. I have a Junghans Tourneur in full SS, a couple of nice Seiko Chronos and several other cheaper watches. All were either gifts or secondhand purchases.

I'm here to learn and to hopefully avoid getting stung, because I've never actually purchased a replica before and I fancy several. I'm buying new photographic equipment for my business ATM, so the real items are sadly going to be beyond my reach for the time being...

Looking forward to 'meeting' you guys in due course. Thanks for having me.

Edited by T9000

Balad1

Aloha from Hawaii

Dendo
Just a quick intro.........I'm a commercial photographer based in Yorkshire in the UK. I've always had an interest in watches and I know what I like, but I genuinely know very little about them. I have a Junghans Tourneur in full SS, a couple of nice Seiko Chronos and several other cheaper watches. All were either gifts or secondhand purchases.

I'm here to learn and to hopefully avoid getting stung, because I've never actually purchased a replica before and I fancy several. I'm buying new photographic equipment for my business ATM, so the real items are sadly going to be beyond my reach for the time being...

Welcome aboard.

Check out the trusted dealers and read read read read. The folks here are amazing characters but they get a little narked by noobies who do not read but ask too many basic questions.

Some great dealers and amazing advice to look forward to.

houndoggie

:thisthreadisuselesswithoutpictures:

T9000
Welcome aboard.

Check out the trusted dealers and read read read read. The folks here are amazing characters but they get a little narked by noobies who do not read but ask too many basic questions.

Some great dealers and amazing advice to look forward to.

Thanks for welcome and the advice.

KBH

And we look forward to seeing some nice watch pictures soon. Welcome

Aren

Welcome T9000

Glad you are here. You found the right place. Great people with lots of info. :huh:

I can't wait to see your photographs. Take a look at the trusted dealers for the items you fancy.

Also take a look at the the wrist check photos for the week. It is always nice to see what people are wearing and how the watches actually look.

There are some really talented photographers here, and you will get to see their work when you look through the posts.

Have a great time here...I am sure you will.

All the Best,

Aren

Member X

Welcome aboard :huh:

Post some pics of your collection! Will be interested to see what photography kit you're running too ;)

Getting rid of anything used for cheap? D700 with f2.8 setup for a grand? I'll take it ;) LoL :D

Fiddo

Hello! :huh:

Welcome!

pollux1

Welcome to the best watch forum on the PLANET mate!

greg_r

Welcome to RWG!

We'll be expecting some seriously good watch photos from you in due course B)

Seriously, though, have a good read and don't hesitate to shout if there's anything you're unsure about.

KeNnY

Oh my goood ! Terminator T9000 is here ! We are all domed, judgement day is upon us !

terminatorrobot.jpg

B) No just kidding. Welcome to the forum ! I am looking forward for your nice professional photos of new purchased replica watches ! B) Nothing is better like nice photo of the watch with written review. Hope you will like it here !

T9000

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'll be happy to post some pics in due course.

@ Member X............I use Canon DSLRs (a 1DS MkIII, plus 2 5D models - a MkI and a MkII) for location work, plus the usual L-series zooms / primes, a brace of Speedlite 580EXs and a 480. For studio work, I have a Hasselblad H4D (31) with 80mm and 100mm HC lenses, plus a shedload of Elinchrom lighting. On the subject of deals, I'm selling the older 5D (body only) soon and getting another MkII, but it's done 200,000 actuations, so it'll need a new shutter at the very least...

Thanks again.

Edited by T9000

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :bounce:

a photographer but no pictures? What the hell were you thinking? :)

T9000
welcome to the nuthouse :Whistle:

a photographer but no pictures? What the hell were you thinking? :lol:

Ha...

I hadn't realised that you guys would be more driven (photographically speaking) than many of the pro photographers on some of the forums I frequent. Now I know, I'll just have to make sure that what I do end up posting is beyond criticism...

dingle
welcome to the nuthouse :D

a photographer but no pictures? What the hell were you thinking? :lol:

Ha...

I hadn't realised that you guys would be more driven (photographically speaking) than many of the pro photographers on some of the forums I frequent. Now I know, I'll just have to make sure that what I do end up posting is beyond criticism...

we love photos here.....watches, boobies...does not matter :Whistle:

just note to keep the boobies in section 8 :D

T9000
Welcome aboard :D

Post some pics of your collection! Will be interested to see what photography kit you're running too :facepalm:

Getting rid of anything used for cheap? D700 with f2.8 setup for a grand? I'll take it :facepalm: LoL :D

These days I mainly do architectural and interior photos for magazines, brochures etc., but I remembered this morning that I had done some watches and jewellry before.

I actually didn't think I still had these shots, but here are two from about three or four years ago. The first (the Seiko) was a test shot of my own watch which was done in order to check the lighting for a bunch of watches I'd been asked to photograph for a distributor's wholesale catalogue. The images were both taken using a pretty conventional light tent, the first using a white perspex sheet to create the reflection, the second using a small sheet of checker plate I'd bought earlier that day from B&Q.

In the end, I photographed about 60 watches in an afternoon, of which the Diesels were probably the most expensive. It definitely wasn't a gig to get excited about, but since there was so much interest in photos, I thought I'd throw these on the board for a laugh. Anyway, having seen some of the efforts posted on this forum, I think I'm going to have to raise my game somewhat when it comes to photographing any reps I might purchase in the coming weeks / months.

tseiko01.jpg

tdiesel01.jpg

Luthier
welcome to the nuthouse :facepalm:

a photographer but no pictures? What the hell were you thinking? :D

Ha...

Boobies pics always welcome in Section 8.

:facepalm:

T9000
welcome to the nuthouse :facepalm:

a photographer but no pictures? What the hell were you thinking? :D

Ha...

Boobies pics always welcome in Section 8.

:facepalm:

I may just have some boobies pics. Well we all had to start somewhere...

scope

Welcome and get ready for your new addiction!

wizawuza
I may just have some boobies pics. Well we all had to start somewhere...

Wait really? Well I guess it's time to take my T2i (550D) and become a photographer!

tracyk859

Hi, I am Tracy . I am a new spammer of forum. Would a spammer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

ban-hamster.jpg

greg_r
These days I mainly do architectural and interior photos for magazines, brochures etc., but I remembered this morning that I had done some watches and jewellry before.

I actually didn't think I still had these shots, but here are two from about three or four years ago. The first (the Seiko) was a test shot of my own watch which was done in order to check the lighting for a bunch of watches I'd been asked to photograph for a distributor's wholesale catalogue. The images were both taken using a pretty conventional light tent, the first using a white perspex sheet to create the reflection, the second using a small sheet of checker plate I'd bought earlier that day from B&Q.

In the end, I photographed about 60 watches in an afternoon, of which the Diesels were probably the most expensive. It definitely wasn't a gig to get excited about, but since there was so much interest in photos, I thought I'd throw these on the board for a laugh. Anyway, having seen some of the efforts posted on this forum, I think I'm going to have to raise my game somewhat when it comes to photographing any reps I might purchase in the coming weeks / months.

tseiko01.jpg

tdiesel01.jpg

Nice work - particularly like the Seiko shot :lol:

Luthier
Nice work - particularly like the Seiko shot :lol:

You like the watch.

:drool:

DenGNNJ
welcome to the nuthouse :)

a photographer but no pictures? What the hell were you thinking? :)

Ha...

we love photos here.....watches, boobies...does not matter :D

just note to keep the boobies in section 8 ;)

Real boobies for a change, not Rep boobies.