Sign in to follow this  
vax

Rolex GMT

vax

My dad has always worn a GMT and it has always been a part of how I think of him. That has always been the one of the reason I like GMT's.

He always said he bought it in the late '50's, early '60''s and just last week he told me the model number as he just had it cleaned. 6542 - 1066. Thanks to this site, I knew where to look it up. He also put the original band back on, that I had for years as he did not care for it and I did not want to see it get lost.

Anyways, The band is a stretch link type. Looks standard but it stretches. Was that an option on the 6542? He said it may of been old stock when he bought it. I cannot find much info on this 'Pussy Galore' model. Also, It had a red date. He says it alternates with black. Old GMT standard?

Does all that sound right for this watch? Is there any thing else of interest about this model?

The price new, 125 dollars.

Luthier

I'll give you $200.

:)

Where's the pictures????????????

dingle

there was a thread here on the Pussy Galore model........sad to see it gone I am........

PatronSaintofChainsaws

It's worth a fair amount today, and quite a nice model to have as well.

http://doubleredseadweller.com/gmt.htm

scope

Cool story. :)

Slim

I've had a GMT Master since my 26th birthday in 1986. One of a handful of watches I would never part with, along with my IWC MkXII and an old Rotary 'Sea Captain' that was a 24th birthday present.

ebzen02

I offer$500 with proper pics of him mowing the lawn in the 60's with it on.