Sign in to follow this  
soundman_roo

...ready to buy my first! just thought i'd check first :)

soundman_roo

so i've read all the suggested newbie posts, and done a good bit to educate myself over the last few weeks, and finally i have decided the model i want a replica of.....

http://www.tagheuer.co.uk/int-en/luxury-watches/carrera/carrera-calibre-1887automatic-chronograph43mm-black-alligator-bracelet

and i've found what look like pretty good automatic reps using 7750 on a number of TD's sites, even contacted a couple and they say they have in stock ready for shipping, i just thought i would post a quick line on here in case any other members have experience of buying one of these from the TD's on the site before i make final my decision on how to do it!

I know that this is dangerously close to a 'which is the best tag replica?' post, which i'm trying to avoid but if anyone has one of these i'd love to hear your experiences!

Many thanks,

Roo

Genius

Sorry mate but it basically is a who has the best.... Lol.

FWIW I would go with Toro I have used him more than any other TD and the service was spot on. Not taking anything away from the other TDs I have used I have been happy with all my TD based purchases. So you really need to make up your own mind

soundman_roo

i know, i know, i was tring to avoid that!

I guess i'm basicly looking for anyone who has the specific model....

Thanks for your input though, i appreciate any pointers!

Thrichar

You're going to get a succession of responses from people telling you who their favorite dealer is and pointing out they can all get the same watches!

So.................................email Tim (Watchfinder) - he's my go to guy ;)

Gazzla

Use any TD mate, you won't go wrong. :D

MetalMickey

Use any TD, if you use one who has stock it might be quicker and easier to pick out a good one. Factor in the cost of a service for the 7750, this had the seconds in the right place but still worth giving it the once over.

torobravo

As when you are buying a horse, you have to check the legs and the teeth, when you´re buying this piece make sure you never change the date between 10 and 2 o´clock, as the datewheel can broke and don´t hit the chrono buttons too often, they are like the third button on a suit, they are there, but you never use them. In case if you really want to use them, make sure the movement is fully charged.

Necromancer

As when you are buying a horse, you have to check the legs and the teeth, when you´re buying this piece make sure you never change the date between 10 and 2 o´clock, as the datewheel can broke and don´t hit the chrono buttons too often, they are like the third button on a suit, they are there, but you never use them. In case if you really want to use them, make sure the movement is fully charged.

Yes, following this advice, my 7750 secs@6 Daytona from Toro has been running perfectly for over a year now