Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Rolex vintage watches

Pentax

Planning to buy a vintage rolex

Would like to see some pictures so that I can get an idea what I would like to buy

Thanks

gB.

This is my DW 6263 vintage handwind Daytona on a gen 78350 bracelet. :lol:

f654c189.jpg

26d15bce.jpg

Pentax

Xmmm I like......

solkryssare

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

KBH

First one. Great White Sea Dweller. Serviced 2846 ETA movement with Clark crystal and waterproof tested to 3 atm.

DSCN3679.jpg

DSCN3680.jpg

DSCN3740.jpg

DSCN3747.jpg

DSCN3748.jpg

DSCN3761.jpg

scope

Nice one KBH. Im modding a DRSD now and should be done in a couple of weeks.

Slim

Given the bewildering array of Rolex replicas out there, I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something like this '86 GMT Master..

gmt004.jpg

KBH

Double Red - ETA movement with gen bezel insert and Clark crystal:

DSCN4539.jpg

DSCN4491.jpg

DSCN4487.jpg

DSCN4490.jpg

wiesn089

Here's my never ending story ;):D, which originally started out as a (never working :canuck:) V23 copy version.

bdw6263sm01sm.jpg

test03sm01sm.jpg

DW 6263 with fully serviced (bought it that way) V726 movement :D, gen pushers, crown and crystal. Currently I have fitted a Yuki bracelet with gen 571 endlinks but am saving up for a gen 78350.

I have removed the red Daytona writing from DW's dial to give it an early 70s look (scratched the dial quite a bit during the process ;), but well, it's not too visible when it's on the wrist or you don't examine it too closely). I've also realigned some of the index markers (crappy QC from David) and also fitted a better looking coronet from an Air King dial I had laying around.

All casemods required to fit the V726, pushers etc. were done by Domi, who was really helpful and did a great job! Thanks again, you're a great guy and true master! He also waterproofed it to 5 atm and regulated the movement to COSC specs ;).

I'm quite happy how it turned out and I'm almost wearing this one exclusively since I got it back about 1 month ago. It's by no means finished since I'm looking for a gen sigma dial and gen bezel to finish it off, but that's gonna take some time and a lot of saving up ;). I already love it and will definitely keep this one for a long time. :band:

Cheers

Edited by wiesn089

KBH

My 6263 as serviced by Speedy. I picked this up cheap on another forum cause the movement was not running properly. Swiss ETA 7750 with supposedly gen pushers , crown and crystal. The movement runs great now and he did a fantastic job. Unfortunately, I find non-automatic watches somewhat bothersome so it doesn't get much wrist time.

I've never really spent any time with photo'ing this watch so here's all I got. I bought a gen 78350 bracelet but it was in poor condition so I just used a few parts including the clasp. The DW end links were actually a better fit so I kept them.

DSCN3157.jpg

DSCN3159.jpg

SliceMaster

My vintage Gmt that Rolexaddict serviced, water-proofed it and he also took the doomed crystal off and replaced it with an flat genuine one and this is my alltime favourite for sure.

The bracelet brooke twice so now i have a bracelet from one of my cheap daytonas and it fits perfectly

vintagewristies002.jpg

gmtwristies002.jpg

mapman57

PT 1665 DRSD ......can be nice for little extra $ OOB

Mine; trimmed Cg's; gen crown; T19 Sternkreuz dome; recessed aged insert;drilled lugholes and gen bars;general ageing and WR to 7ATM+

SDC12723.jpg

SDC12724.jpg

SDC12720.jpg

Pentax

Mapman

Great looking sub please give me more details how to get one like yours and what's important ant to be modded in order to look kosher

Thanks

scope

1665 DRSD. Yuki case, Gen crown, Aged insert, Tropic dome plexi, 1575 movement, waiting on 9135 bracelet.

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

randy3y

I love that watch - had to get me one. In production!

I have been looking at the gen of that watch for years - wish I had bought one - price is crazy now.

This is my DW 6263 vintage handwind Daytona on a gen 78350 bracelet. :lol:

f654c189.jpg

26d15bce.jpg

seafoam

The only one i have for now. Spintona on the way though!!

vintage1680.jpg

Member X

5514 Comex Sub from RolexAddict

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6499

20100716001a.jpg

1675 Prototype from RolexAddict

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6549

dscf4653l.jpg

I want to add a 5510 (I think that's the reference number?) and maybe a DJ, but I think the DJs are just too small at 36mm :wub: Greg's Rolerai is also quite tempting but there are too many others on the list at the moment! lol

mspangl

cimg1259road.jpg

wat44

I want a combat rolerai!

mapman57
Mapman

Great looking sub please give me more details how to get one like yours and what's important ant to be modded in order to look kosher

Thanks

Thanks Pentax.....take a look in this link. This is my PT 1680 that is now under final assembly - it shows many of the same simple mods. This will show you some of what you can do with this lower budget approach.....

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=11...hlight=mapman57

The base PT vintage sub is $200 and for another $100 you can achieve a lot. The cash outlay will cover a gen 703 crown, a custom retainer ring (for bezel assembly) and a Clark 127 crystal.

The rest is labour if you can do it yourself. I had never touched a watch project before these. All of the info and tutorage is available in the forums. The main steps are covered in my thread.

This watch also has a 2846 low beat eta. My 1665 has been brilliant from day one, rarely misses a beat, very accurate and reliable. My 1680 was running slow - 10 minutes a day YIKES!!! so I got my friendly watchsmith to clean, lube and regulate at mates rates - now perfect.

Personally, I am not totally anal on my reps. I do not have the cash to put $1000 in to one. So the PT route is fine for me.

The biggest issues/tells will always be subjective to the individual. For me;

- the CG's and crown are a major factor. Get rid of the fat rep crown and fat rep CG's as a priority.

- PT bezel insert is thought by many to be the best OOB factory vintage insert - age and recess a little

- Crystal - some are OK some are not - cant go wrong with a Clark 127

The beauty of Vintage Rolex subs/SD's is that there are so many genuine variants.

Good luck with your choice and your future project Pentax!

Edited by mapman57

ebzen02

I want to start a vintage rolex collection this year..

Pentax

Hey Mapmann

Thanks so much for your kind info will follow :-)

Getting ready to order pure times watch

Is the the yukki case better or will the pure times be good enough?

Slim
My vintage Gmt that Rolexaddict serviced, water-proofed it and he also took the doomed crystal off and replaced it with an flat genuine one and this is my alltime favourite for sure.

Just curious: why did you want a flat crystal on a vintage-looking GMT?

SliceMaster

Just curious: why did you want a flat crystal on a vintage-looking GMT?

I just dont like the domed crystal thats why...