Sign in to follow this  
Guyute

Santos 100 clasp help?

Guyute

Okay, so I know I need to remove the bar in the clasp in order to install the strap, but WTF? It's not a springbar and it doesn't appear to be threaded. How the heck do I remove this thing?

Zachthebaker

so what I do is..

list my old watch in M2M.. and buy a new one...

black263

You don't remove it. You thread the strap behind the bar, and then fold it back, pinch it, and slot it into the two clips.

IMG_4027_zpsda961502.jpg

IMG_4024_zps0cdcda1e.jpg

IMG_4026_zps07d3c10b.jpg

IMG_3985_zpsae19281e.jpg

HeavyKrush

Yep, what he said. That's how it worked on my old rep strap.

Guyute

Damn....as Jeff might say, "It's tighter than a nun's c*nt." I guess it's time to break out the pliers. 8-o

black263

Damn....as Jeff might say, "It's tighter than a nun's c*nt." I guess it's time to break out the pliers. 8-o

I used a hammer on mine a bit like a meat tenderiser to thin the strap a little. Beating it from the back on a leather drinks coaster to avoid marking the face of the strap.

Zachthebaker

wow that was impressive

black263

Having adjusted it to size, I found the clasp really uncomfortable. More brute force used to fix the problem. Story is at this thread http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=49607

Guyute

Well, turns out I was able to wiggle it in without resorting to pliers or a hammer. Amazing what you can accomplish when you're drunk and determined. :lol:

black263

Well, turns out I was able to wiggle it in without resorting to pliers or a hammer. Amazing what you can accomplish when you're drunk and determined. :lol:

Sound like me in bed last night.

Guyute

I read your thread, black....and I thought I was determined! :rofl:

Wriggles

Sound like me in bed last night.

Will have to get the hammer out tonight so.......in the meantime will have to try to somehow sort out this strap

narikaa
xwaNA.gif

Kcore

Very odd! I didn't have a speck of trouble sizing either the rep strap or custom hornback strap on my Santos 100. No problems threading either strap through the double deployment buckle. My watch wears extremly comfortable too. Almost isn't even there.

Perhaps it's the luck of the draw or version? There has been a number of complaints with the buckle on the less expensive versions.

LightGeek

I used a hammer on mine a bit like a meat tenderiser to thin the strap a little. Beating it from the back on a leather drinks coaster to avoid marking the face of the strap.

Hmmm beat the meat eh? I don't want to remove the clasp again but maybe... I still have to sand down the stupidly sharp edges.