Sign in to follow this  
Goodreau

What is so special about pams?

Luthier

Can someone tell me what watch Daniel Craig wears in the James Bond movies? Thanks!

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Tourbillon.

jeffw69

Can someone tell me what watch Daniel Craig wears in the James Bond movies? Thanks!

No Invicta!!!!

1littlegreen

Loves me some Infucktas!!! Oh yeah....

MUSH

Took me a solid year, then I got it.!! The simplicity, the strap change out, and military history. Also take a look at the white dial 251 !!!

5.jpg

seclark007

You're a fucking funny guy, George !!!!!! :rofl:

MUSH

Panerai has 5-7 distinctive models, and they're beautiful. Rest - just repeating itself over and over again. With microscopic changes. The number of models is way over 500 now, and it's laughable. Sometimes it's like one number for the watch with steel bracelet, another number - for the same watch with leather strap. They even worse, than Hublot in this matter. But, as I said - 5-7 models are just "must to have" to every collector.

My personal preferences - 029, 090, 111, 127, 224, 253, 288, 386.

Totally agree with this, there are several models that I really like and plan on adding to the collection in the future, but I wish they offered more variety amongst their model range.

So Luthier.....what are the 5 to 7 distinctive models ?? Would you include the 188/251 in that category ?

Luthier

Are you blind?

MUSH

are your personal preferences the distinctive models???? :help3:

Take a quick read under general discussion what happened to me Friday !!

Edited by MUSH

1littlegreen

or your personal preferences the distinctive models???? :help3:

Got a link?

JDCKent

Only one watch could qualify for Bond's wrist time, and here she is:

mm62ib.jpg

Of course, his badass Muller has a modified cage (with B emblem), and is equipped with a 5000 Watt 473nm DPSS laser:

15rnqrb.jpg

1littlegreen

or your personal preferences the distinctive models???? :help3:

Got a link?

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=45255

Thanks Mush....got it!

Scottie

I absolutely love my PAM 111. It's one of if not the best rep I own. Looking to get an 029 next!!!

fetasigma

I too didn't understand the the whole Pam thing, then I bought one just to see what all the fuss was about. I loved it so much I just ordered my second you get it when you wear it

TheTinMan

Go look at a 111, then a 127, then a 292. To say they are all the same is not accurate at all. Once you have one in your hand and then on your wrist, you'll get what's so special. It's like looking at a beautiful woman. When you see one, you just know she's gorgeous. It's instinct, a feeling you get.

Have you seen one in person? Pictures will never do one justice. Having said this, I just don't get the chronograph version(s). Such a beautiful simplistic design ruined by all the subdials and pushers. Then again, I can't say I've ever held a chrono PAM.

Realism
I agree, this belongs in General Discussion....moved

Thank you.

You wanna know what's so special about PAMs?

Just fucking buy one and wear it for a while.

Oh, I forgot, you only buy $100 and under watches. :picard:

:band:

Lev

I hate Pams too but that chrono posted is the only one I find appealing. Other than that, not for me...

Smalltown718

The vintage Pam's are amazing

Goodreau

Only one watch could qualify for Bond's wrist time, and here she is:

mm62ib.jpg

Of course, his badass Muller has a modified cage (with B emblem), and is equipped with a 5000 Watt 473nm DPSS laser:

15rnqrb.jpg

LMFAO. What is this.. I don't even...

In all seriousness, there is too much going on. I know the watch he wears is an Omega but I just don't know which model.

I agree, this belongs in General Discussion....moved

Thank you.

You wanna know what's so special about PAMs?

Just fucking buy one and wear it for a while.

Oh, I forgot, you only buy $100 and under watches. :picard:

Two words: Calmn down.

I actually am in the process of purchasing a $450 watch so your assumptions are completely innacurate.

Go look at a 111, then a 127, then a 292. To say they are all the same is not accurate at all. Once you have one in your hand and then on your wrist, you'll get what's so special. It's like looking at a beautiful woman. When you see one, you just know she's gorgeous. It's instinct, a feeling you get.

Have you seen one in person? Pictures will never do one justice. Having said this, I just don't get the chronograph version(s). Such a beautiful simplistic design ruined by all the subdials and pushers. Then again, I can't say I've ever held a chrono PAM.

Yeah I just might have to do this. I do agree with you, all that unnecessary stuff to look at ruins the simplicity on some watches. The navigation watches are the only ones I could think of that are necessary to have all that stuff on it. For example: GMT master, almost all breitlings, yachtmaster etc.

Monty010

In the beginning i really couldn't see what the hype was with PAM's seeing I'm more a Omega guy myself.

But being here for a while now, im looking for a cheap good looking one

Myself just to see if its all that.

Have to agree that I too don't like all the clutter on pam's so

Im waiting for a nice clean dial one to cross my path, that's not all that expensive

Don't want spend a lot money just to find out if I like to overall look.. But don't know if say a silix cheapy will be doing justice to the watch.

So if you guys can give me some pointers that would be great.

Sent from my 

moredhel

In the beginning i really couldn't see what the hype was with PAM's seeing I'm more a Omega guy myself.

But being here for a while now, im looking for a cheap good looking one

Myself just to see if its all that.

Have to agree that I too don't like all the clutter on pam's so

Im waiting for a nice clean dial one to cross my path, that's not all that expensive

Don't want spend a lot money just to find out if I like to overall look.. But don't know if say a silix cheapy will be doing justice to the watch.

So if you guys can give me some pointers that would be great.

Sent from my 

Pointer: Toro Bravo Beginner Pams

62ragtop

I wished I thought more brands where "fugly"... it be safer for my bank account!

Got my first PAM in early -00s, still works, still get admirable comments. What I like about PAMs are the history, founded in 1860, named after its founder and not just an "invented" name as such. Strong ties to naval, divers, marine environment kinda tick my boxes as a "toolish" watch made for a purpose.

For me, also a bit of historic comparisons to the likes of Enzo Ferrari, Ferruccio Lamborghini. One-man shows that blew away the world back in the day and still does today!

And being a fan of sporscars from the -50-70s, the "retro-feel" on the PAMs is also what tick my boxes, and the dials, the carachteristic cg... there is just so much to like IMHO.

the one and only James Bond wore Cubby Broccoli's Sub ref.6538... as a loaner no less...

cheers,

AS90

Just bought a Jackson Homage and am now planning on selling a kidney to buy lots of PAMs.

Henry J. Miller

They're fugly. Am I missing something or what?

I do agree with your sentiment...but....

Some guys like fat chicks,

Some guys like skinny chicks,

and

Some guys like....guys.

With Panerais its a little somethin' somethin' for everybody.

black263

What can you not like about this?

Panerai253-1.jpg

Or for something a bit busier the Pam 237 Ghost (Photo by Del)

8359722338_6cdbd1b2f9_b.jpg