Sign in to follow this  
tanner314

I would like some insight on those who have purchased from trusted dealers

myaz

May I make a suggestion, don't look for good feedback because most members have a good experience, look for the shit feedback and take notice of what went wrong and moderate your expectations accordingly.

THIS ↑↑

Perhaps you think that with thousands of rip-off sites out there, this just might be one more. The feedback here is not fake stuff written by the TDs.

This is an oasis for you to enjoy.....and then upgrade to VIP as a measure of thanks, maybe after you get that first amazing watch.

BentleySharp

May I make a suggestion, don't look for good feedback because most members have a good experience, look for the shit feedback and take notice of what went wrong and moderate your expectations accordingly.

THIS ↑↑

Perhaps you think that with thousands of rip-off sites out there, this just might be one more. The feedback here is not fake stuff written by the TDs.

This is an oasis for you to enjoy.....and then upgrade to VIP as a measure of thanks, maybe after you get that first amazing watch.

Man, if this is just another rip-off site than it is the most well thought out, complicated, and intricate scam ever to be created in the history of time, with over 44,000 people who are taking part in the scam in order to rip you off. they have invested hundreds of thousands of hours, a combined total of lifetimes of man-work-hours, just to get your 100 to 400 dollars.

Rolexwatchman

I understand your concerns, but it can't get simple that what I wrote :)

They are safe to buy from (any TD here) I've dealed with BK, Toro and Trusty Times and haven't had any issues yet.

Tits McGee

Take for example, i will never get a Rolex GMT because the Stacking of the GMT hands is wrong and different from GENs, i learn these thru reading through the Rolex sub forum.

Really? Have you any concept of how close you need to look to see the hand stack? So close that anyone that far inside my personal space is going to wish they were not. I cannot think of a lessor tell TBH.

Besides:

TheRealWorld.jpg

Funny how some drop by here, read some, then set themselves up for disappointment in their quest for the ultimate 1:1 rep (which doesn't exist).

kikkiboy
Take for example, i will never get a Rolex GMT because the Stacking of the GMT hands is wrong and different from GENs, i learn these thru reading through the Rolex sub forum.
Really? Have you any concept of how close you need to look to see the hand stack? So close that anyone that far inside my personal space is going to wish they were not. I cannot think of a lessor tell TBH. Besides: TheRealWorld.jpg

Haha, what i meant is i do have friends who have GEN GMT, if i were to wear that out and they put it side by side, it's an obvious giveaway :P

maxwas

I am a newcomer to this site as well. You only need to check the feedback for the TDs and it speaks for itself. Since July I have dealt with Kuvarsit and Marvellous Replica and found them both to be very pleasurable to deal with. I am currently speaking to TC which I'm very excited about. Other than that it's a really interesting and informative site, I could easily spend a whole evening on here (and quite often do).

I feel the same way about reps, I buy them because I love the watches themselves but don't have the $$$ for the real deal.

M

myaz

Haha, what i meant is i do have friends who have GEN GMT, if i were to wear that out and they put it side by side, it's an obvious giveaway :P

Don't sweat it. Not unless you're the parking valet for your friends. No one will ask you to put it side by side and pull out the 10X loupe, they might call you out only if you don't look the part.

elp

Funny how some drop by here, read some, then set themselves up for disappointment in their quest for the ultimate 1:1 rep (which doesn't exist).

Or don't know how to react when they find a pube under the crystal :sh_h:

Gelg

The watch brand replicas/homages that I am open to are:

Panerai, Omega, A Lange & Sohne, TAG Heuer, Girard Perregaux, and Pilot watches. I would generally like the chronometer working as well.

If you mean chronograph, then you will have to spend over $200 for a non-quartz chronograph. A Lange & Sohne Datograph chronograph will cost you over $300, even used one on M2M will likely be over 250. I like them, since they usually have rock-solid ST-19 Seagull movement. For non-rare mainstream watches I like Silix, they usually have lowest prices and pretty good customer service/after service. Silix Omega speedies are here http://silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=115_150_191&sort=20a&page=1.

Do read the feedback section for each seller, should give you a good idea what kind of service/after service to expect.

Robin666

I am new here... After reading the review I will probably get my rep from MR.

Any recommendation of rolexes here from there? Does any have the zenith daytona series?

elp

Any recommendation of rolexes here from there? Does any have the zenith daytona series?

MR's catalogue is here: http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/

This does not mean the factories have these in stock, for an accurate answer email MR directly with the model(s) you are after.

Tits McGee

Dude, read this. It will answer all your questions:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

tanner314

Alright for those who have said to check the sub sections for reviews on watches and TDs, thank your for your recommendation and I made sure to check before making my very first post. This thread was meant to be more of a means of an introduction of myself and to clarify of the buyers from TDs since someone said nobody ever buys from the TDs on this site.

Please do not jump to conclusions stating that "I did not check the forums for reviews," because it is making unlogical ASSumptions of my actions.

Second of all if I posted this thread in the General Discussion section, then maybe coming off in a more aggressive approach would be necessary, but for the sake of god, this thread is in the new members forum; therefore, I am a noob. I did find that asking a simple question on this forum was easy, but imperiously this has turned out to be a fiasco based upon the noob-bashers. I thought asking a simple question in a 'flame free' noob section would not be a problem, but well...the rest is history.

Passiveness and humbleness are impenetrable; Arrogance and stupidity are incoherent.

Touché?

The watch brand replicas/homages that I am open to are:

Panerai, Omega, A Lange & Sohne, TAG Heuer, Girard Perregaux, and Pilot watches. I would generally like the chronometer working as well.

If you mean chronograph, then you will have to spend over $200 for a non-quartz chronograph. A Lange & Sohne Datograph chronograph will cost you over $300, even used one on M2M will likely be over 250. I like them, since they usually have rock-solid ST-19 Seagull movement. For non-rare mainstream watches I like Silix, they usually have lowest prices and pretty good customer service/after service. Silix Omega speedies are here http://silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=115_150_191&sort=20a&page=1.

Do read the feedback section for each seller, should give you a good idea what kind of service/after service to expect.

Thank you very much for this link, I like Omega models more than the other watches that I listed.

Edited by tanner314

Wriggles

Alright for those who have said to check the sub sections for reviews on watches and TDs, thank your for your recommendation and I made sure to check before making my very first post. This thread was meant to be more of a means of an introduction of myself and to clarify of the buyers from TDs since someone said nobody ever buys from the TDs on this site.

Please do not jump to conclusions stating that "I did not check the forums for reviews," because it is making unlogical ASSumptions of my actions.

Honestly if you had read the subforums and reviews before posting then you would not have posted your question asking if anyone had bought from the TD's and what their experiences were. Surely the fact there were reviews was a bit of a hint about what the answer would be? And not a subtle hint either as there are lots and lots of reviews in the TD feedback sections.

People saying that nobody had ever bought from a TD was sarcasm. A fairly logical response to a fairly ridiculous question. It's all in good humour, something that you need to have around here, it's a fairly irreverent forum.

BTW unlogical isn't a word - it's illogical....and the capitalisation of the ASS in assumptions isn't exactly subtle either

tanner314

People saying that nobody had ever bought from a TD was sarcasm. A fairly logical response to a fairly ridiculous question. It's all in good humour, something that you need to have around here, it's a fairly irreverent forum.

BTW unlogical isn't a word - it's illogical....and the capitalisation of the ASS in assumptions isn't exactly subtle either

Anything that deals with money I am skeptical about. I was partially skeptical about this site and had to test the waters if you will in order to prove to myself that this site is legit, because whether you agree or not there are many skeptical sites on the internet. I would not necessarily say that my question is ridiculous I would say it is more cautious. The reason I wanted to ask a question before I jumped straight into buying something was because the name of this site is "rwg.bz" and I found another site named "http://www.rwgforum.net/"

Kuvarsit's site states this, which is another reason to be skeptical of where one is buying from:

http://www.kuvarsit.com/scams.jpg

It was on my iPhone that I browsed through the forum and quite frankly it is difficult to navigate on a phone. So maybe I came across a little too serious, please forgive me, I already blew my impression on this forum, but nevertheless I am sorry.

This isn't the first forum I have been on, but this is certainly the most sarcastic and irreverent one. I tend to take statements and such literally, it's not that I am gullible, but that I do not know this forum well, so I am illiterate as to what's what. Humour is a word that is in fact rare, and the same goes for unlogical stated by Princeton University. *Captitalization

http://wordnetweb.pr...bwn?s=unlogical

Honestly if you had read the subforums and reviews before posting then you would not have posted your question asking if anyone had bought from the TD's and what their experiences were. Surely the fact there were reviews was a bit of a hint about what the answer would be? And not a subtle hint either as there are lots and lots of reviews in the TD feedback sections.

Well put, but I do not find everything credible that others say; therefore, I want a first-hand account of purchases. I have seen fake forums where the site makes everything look so real and yet it's a scam!

I would not necessarily say that all of the threads in the Reviews subforum are reviews, for example the "Looking for IWC Portuguese chrono" thread is a request.

Once again sorry I came across the wrong way.

Edited by tanner314

Gelg

This isn't the first forum I have been on, but this is certainly the most sarcastic and irreverent one. I tend to take statements and such literally, it's not that I am gullible, but that I do not know this forum well, so I am illiterate as to what's what. Humour is a word that is in fact rare, and the same goes for unlogical stated by Princeton University. *Captitalization

Relax, people bash each other on this forum, but it doesn't really mean anything. It happens all the time to everyone, it is considered means of having good time, but not at the expense of others, since "others" don't take it personally. It isn't supposed to happen in this subforum, but it did. Whether that is due to Pharisaical nature of some members here, or you inviting that sort of treatment through asking slightly silly questions, that doesn't really matter. Bottom line is that this forum has some amazing people, that pour their hearts and souls into this forum and helping out a fellow man, that's what's important.

My link doesn't work any more for some reason. Here it is again. http://silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=115_150_191 Anyways, if you do happen to like Speedies, and you want an automatic watch, beware of Asian 7750 movement with seconds at 6 o'clock. These movements have a known quality problems, and are considered "ticking time bombs". If you buy a watch with an A 7750 movement, make sure seconds are at 9.

LightGeek

I would not necessarily say that all of the threads in the Reviews subforum are reviews, for example the "Looking for IWC Portuguese chrono" thread is a request.

Once again sorry I came across the wrong way.

That's because they are idiots. Those eventually get moved or flamed out of existence so pay no heed. There are almost as many "which TD should I choose" threads as "who has the best (Rolex) sub" threads. Simply by using the words "which trusted dealer" brings you to threads like this: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=30850

Please do some more reading, then take a huge dose of patience during the entire process. Expect the end-to-end transaction to take up to 4 weeks as a norm (from when you type the first email). If it comes sooner, then good for you. If it comes without issues (most are ok), then good for you. I suggest also reading up on what to do IF there are issues to be completely prepared.

trailboss99

No, no it's not. I would bet you good money that not one of them would notice. As I said, you have to have the watch to your eye almost to see the ICS and even then you need to be looking for it. Just how observant do you think people are?

Chrisby

A rep is exactly what it is... It's a rep of a watch at 90% of the cost of the gen. From a distance people aren't going to know and probably Nisbet care. 95% of the time is the wearer that gives it away. Try to purchase reps of gens that could potentially be in your price range.

A lot of the TD's or probationary ones here will have a specials page, these are reps that have a discount and generally the Chrono will work on these, it will say either way anyway.

Welcome to RWG...