Sign in to follow this  
splking

Hublot Big bang king 1:1 Puretime Black magic

splking

Hi all,

Never posted on these forums before but I thought I would share with you my preliminary thoughts re: my first foray into the world of quality replica watches. I currently own a genuine Hublot classic fusion titanium chrono but after seeing a Big bang king in the airport I really wanted one. Given its 10k+ and I wasn't sure whether it would just be a fad or not I decided to try and buy a quality replica.

I was enticed by the easy to navigate and clear website offered by Puretime and after i placed my order I was sent QC pics and kept informed via email which was really reasussuring especially on your first purchase. The watch arrived today and my first impressions are that it's a great quality feel and seems solid. I have yet to comment on how it performs and whether it will stand up to being worn often but I will keep you updated. I have since decided to order a rep 'AP Legacy' with kevlar strap to see how that is too.

See the pics below. It is worth noting shipping was 1 week, packaging was great and the item was received in great condition. Very pleased with the transaction so far :-)

IMAG1421_zps5b199f29.jpg

IMAG1417_zps9d48f78d.jpg

IMAG1415_BURST002_zps16db50cf.jpg

IMAG1410_zpsdfd9cc69.jpg

IMG-20131130-WA0002_zpsb52c19e8.jpg

nyckid

Now that a watch and a half!!

NFleischer

Nice looking watch, welcome. A bit too big for my wrists.

splking

Pretty large for my wrists too, but hence why I was keen to buy a rep as opposed to the gen as I think it could be one of those watches that loses appeal after a year or so. Will post pics of the lume at some point. Thanks for the welcome.

TheTinMan

Congratulations and welcome to rep madness!

r55

Wow! That looks great!

Huge and sporty!

What's your wristsize?

splking

My wrist is pretty small as you can see in the picture but with a long sleeved top or a jacket on I think I can get away with it. For short sleeved (bare wrist) occasions I wear my smaller 44mm classic fusion which is a gen. I really like the big watches even if they don't particularly suit me :-P

Jacksongo

nice looking watch, this will probably be my next addition

madmole

I have the same and its a great watch. Just be careful the tab with the dot on the bezel comes off easily (easily reglued with something stronger)

Wear mine on a 16cm 6.25" wrist and looks fine. Biggest watch I own

The replica is amazing close to genuine. Only difference is a screw down bezel. Strap very soft and gen like

splking

Hi madmole, what do you mean a screw down bezel on the original? Vs a what on the rep? How do you find the movement, does your second hand sweep smoothly?

madmole

My bad, mean the crown, not the bezel

AFAIK the original just has a push down crown, the Rep screws, cant see that on the wrist so not a tell

Its a 28800 beater so it sweeps 8 times a second like the genuine, Mine is currently +1 spd

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

That's a fab watch...... been thinking about getting one this week......off the back of buying an Oceanograpihic 4000 last week and loving it....

AP's are my absolute passion.....

The AP Legacy ... which I am as close to the edge as you can get of buying a gen ..... IMHO is really not a great first AP rep buy......

It has only just been released in rep... and in simple terms it is easily identifiable as a rep.....

Firstly secs @9 then the second biggy for me is the strap.... which unless you change it for an OEM just stands out as being cheap......and thirdly the rep is PVD and the gen ceramic.....

but apart from that it looks ok ish.....

If you want something close to gen.... look a the carbon Diver V3... Diver V5 both are amazing.....

or a ROO Panda.... Black themes... RG RClad.... Possibly a Barrichello steel if you want something larger... all of them are secs @12 as well...

I have a gen Panda and RG RClad and reps as well...... boy oh boy....they do stand up to the side by side test .....

neil

Looks good splking how does it compare side by side to your gen? I know they are different watches but does it retain the same kind of presence?

splking

Hi Neil,

Odd to say but yes it does, my gen is a classic fusion, and the rep a BBK but they do feel as 'solid' as each other. Also I find it odd that my gen does not have a screw crown but the rep does, would have thought that for water resistance purposes the gen would have a screw crown too. I think knowing my gen is a gen and also that it has a warranty and that for the price my wife paid (wedding present) that I am more than happy to call on that warranty should their be any issues, I am a bit less forgiving with my gen. I don't feel the need to delicately adjust the time or push the chrono buttons carefully, but the BBK feels solid so far. The AP feels less solid and robust than the BBK but the sheer size of the watch doesn't leave you feeling short changed from the cash parted with for it.

H

neil

Thanks H , enjoy them all ...especially in the knowledge that you could probably buy 10 or 15 reps for the price of one gen...

madmole

On Monday I spent 15 mins in watches of Switzerland in heathrow handling a genuine while hiding the matching rep I had on my wrist. Comparing the 2 the ONLY difference is the size of the rubber dot on the 12 of the bezel. The gen is bigger. Nothing else is at all different. Weight, gloss, AR, dial and especially the bezel are all identical even side by side. Wouldn't be surprised to find the rep is actually made from bits from Hublots actual manufacturers. Ok edges on the clasp of the rep are a little sharper, and maybe the gen rubber is slightly softer.

It would have been so easy to have swapped them over and the sales lady would have been none the wiser. Amazingly she did actually have some knowledge of watches as we had a good chat about rolex v omega and the dual axial escapement. She had read Daniels autobiography.

Showed me the new platinum rolex yacht master rollesium, very nice indeed. Didn't have the heart to tell her that I wasn't going to spend £6k on a watch that I can get 95% identical for £200 but with a modern 2436 that I can service myself

splking

Haha I think thats the watch that I saw with my wife in T5 that got me interested in the BBK in the first place. I was so tempted to buy the gen but I figured I would tire of the style after a while so I decided to research a rep. Great to hear it is so close to the gen, and in a way I am glad I didn't buy it, as much as i like it I don't think I would like to wear it as an everyday watch and hence it would be a huge waste of money for me if it was only a weekend watch. Watch is fine at the moment, no issues to report.

H

watch.aholic

Another BBK fan here........Great reps and look fantastic....I've got the Palladium and would love to get a Swiss implant in it somewhere down the line.....Screw down crown is a bit worrisome on these as I don't want to wear the threads out too much...However I thought these were discontinued....Happy to see that they are still floating around.

nas7707

where do I get one?

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

where do I get one?

Nice introduction...... TD´s

Look Toro