Sign in to follow this  
JDM180

Moonwatch - dealer says bent second hand normal ?

JDM180

Hi Guys ,

Got my QC through and only thing that bothered me was the end of second hand appeared to be bent , i asked the dealer incase it was just the picture but they confirmed it is , they say they are all like that.

I asked to change for another ( have not seen this problem on any others people have posted ) but they came back again saying they are all like that to clear the hands , what should i do is this right ?

[QC pic removed]

Edited by Del
You a NOT allowed to post QC pics!

Stuvetjee

NO QC ALLOWED!!! ffs read the rules...

Hornet

I'm not sure about this, would suggest looking at pictures of other moonies on here, quick search will find you loads...

Also you should not really be posting QC pictures, see the guides for new members....

JDM180

Apologies I thought QC was allowed if asking about a certain point.

Questions still stands ....

Edited by JDM180

BadPickle

Google some gen pics to compare.

JDM180

I wouldnt have thought the gen would have a bent second hand ? , what I am asking is whether this is really the same on all of them ( this model rep ) or if it would be acceptable to insist on replacment.

Edited by JDM180

court

No it isn't the same on them all and and yes it is acceptable to insist on a replacement.

Jonnybaws

Monday irritating twat. Coming here expecting to be breast fed.

Good job I'm in a good mood.......... :facepalm:

http://forum.tz-uk.c...ch-caliber-1863

Morning Sunshine :D

greg_r

Well the gen wont have a bent second hand , what I am asking is whether this is really the same on all of them ( this model rep ) or if it would be acceptable to insist on replacment.

Depends on how it's bent - the gen DOES have a curve in the end of the second hand as you will see if you follow pickle's link above.

BadPickle

Monday irritating twat. Coming here expecting to be breast fed.

Good job I'm in a good mood.......... :facepalm:

http://forum.tz-uk.c...ch-caliber-1863

Morning Sunshine :D

Morning petal :lmao: business as usual....

JDM180

From the pics I have it looks bent slightly to the right rather than down

greg_r

Having seen the pic you posted earlier, it's hard to be sure. Ask your dealer to provide a head-on photo. That should confirm whether it is bent to the right or just curved like the gen.

JDM180

Am I ok to post a cropped picture that only shows the tip of the hand ?

Having seen the pic you posted earlier, it's hard to be sure. Ask your dealer to provide a head-on photo. That should confirm whether it is bent to the right or just curved like the gen.

Good idea , thanks :)

BC1221

I've seen speedy reps with bent second hands. Not sure why they think it's supposed to be like that. It's not.

I'm thinkin someone at the factory sat on a box of hands or somethin. The previous one I saw was pretty bad. The tip of the large second hand was pointing down. I thought for sure the owner messed it up tryin to mod it but I guess it came like that.

Not sure if it's a easy fix either. I had someone ask me if I would fix it for them. It sounded easy enough but I didn't wanna risk the paint cracking off from bending it back. Not really sure how well they're painted.

If you have the option, tell them you want another one. They're not supposed to be bent.

Kemist

Mine is bent as well. Im pretty sure its std in most of the moonie reps

BC1221

mine was not bent.

gGxKtHZ.jpg?1

most of the ones ive seen didnt have bent chrono hand either.

ive seen 1 other one with a bent hand.

rawbaws

Can't say I've ever noticed it on mine

Left Coast Guy

Am I ok to post a cropped picture that only shows the tip of the hand ?

No QC pics....means no QC pics. Are you retarded?

Kemist

strange hey.

Mary advised me that it has to be bent so doesn't touch the crystal. I don't find that reasonable but I've seen a few moonies with bent hands.

Doesn't bother me that much after awhile. still a lovely watch!

Blackbay-9_zps86b72ef8.jpg

JDM180

Thanks guys really appreciate the helpfull replies, and have had a good laugh at the not so helpful ones too !

I got a face on picture and yeah it is bent a little to the side, if it was down to avoid the crystal i woulnt mind but to the side.. Dealer said it is to clear the hands but i dont really belive that.

I also noticed paint missing/chipped on one of the subdial hands so have asked them to please change , will see what happens .

To the more "sensitive" members remeber this thread isnt discussing my qc it was to ask about bent hands on moonies.

Kemist
Thanks guys really appreciate the helpfull replies, and have had a good laugh at the not so helpful ones too !

I got a face on picture and yeah it is bent a little to the side, if it was down to avoid the crystal i woulnt mind but to the side.. Dealer said it is to clear the hands but i dont really belive that.

I also noticed paint missing/chipped on one of the subdial hands so have asked them to please change , will see what happens .

To the more "sensitive" members remeber this thread isnt discussing my qc it was to ask about bent hands on moonies.

Good luck man! Post some pictures up once you've got it! It's a great watch!

narikaa

Bent down tips on second hands are usually there as a means of countering the refraction of the crystal