Sign in to follow this  
doodoowah57

SKY-F subs 116610 A-2813 QC shows 28800 vph

doodoowah57

Hi Everyone,

Just received QCs for a couple of entry-level subs. The movement is 2813 and SHOULD beat at 21600. The QCs show 28800. There is no reference in the description indicating that it is the high-beat 2813 so I have to assume it is the basic 2813, and as such, should have a 21600 tested reading ... what am I missing ???

Genius

Fake QC pictures from Josh again, he did exactly the same to me, apologised and said it was a mistake after discussing with the mods I let it slip but this again is a clear sign of them doing it over again

JohnG

what am I missing ???

28800 - 21600 = 7200

You are missing 7200

Cheers

doodoowah57

walked into this one.

what am I missing ???

28800 - 21600 = 7200

You are missing 7200

Cheers

Fake QC pictures from Josh again, he did exactly the same to me, apologised and said it was a mistake after discussing with the mods I let it slip but this again is a clear sign of them doing it over again

what should I do at this stage as I have not given the go-ahead ??? I purchased based on the fact he is a TD ... hmmmmmm

Wriggles

If you're not happy, don't approve and ask for clarification, if you're still not happy contact a mod for assistance

doodoowah57

If you're not happy, don't approve and ask for clarification, if you're still not happy contact a mod for assistance

I have just email Joshua and indicated the discrepancy, he said it is high-beat ... is this true ??? One would have to assume that if it is the high-beat, the seller would indicate this in the descriptions.

Edited by doodoowah57

Genius

I have just email Joshua and indicated the discrepancy, he said it is high-beat ... is this true ??? One would have to assume that if it is the high-beat, the seller would indicate this in the descriptions.

It is not high beat!

anfalas

If they're entry level it's highly unlikely they'll be high beat.

Josh seems to be making a bit of a dogs dinner with some of his listings too. A watch on M2M recently caused confusion as it was described as 2813, 25J, 28800?? Sounds like he needs to get his act together tbh.

Genius

From the email josh sent when I queried him on receipt of my Sky F sub,

Sorry . this is in 2813.. its definitely in 21600.. In my website listing . I did not say its 28800bph sir..

Its a lite version watch ..

I was expecting high beat from the QC pics but it arrived and was low beat

doodoowah57

Should I contact MOD at this point ??? and how do I go about doing that ???

Genius

If you are happy with the watch just take it, its the QC process that is a load of shite not the watch

greg_r

Actually, it appears that some of them my well be high beat according to a couple of sets of QCs I've seen. This could, of course, be just another case of the factory fitting whatever movement they have available., so it may be luck of the draw..

Josh's QC pics guy gets lazy from time to time (occurs with many of the dealers, actually), but if Josh says it's high-beat.... :dunno:

If you're happy with the watch generally, I'd just accept it. If you get low-beat then that's what you were expecting in the first place, no?

Genius

Actually, it appears that some of them my well be high beat according to a couple of sets of QCs I've seen. This could, of course, be just another case of the factory fitting whatever movement they have available., so it may be luck of the draw..

Josh's QC pics guy gets lazy from time to time (occurs with many of the dealers, actually), but if Josh says it's high-beat I'd be inclined to believe him

Well if that's the case then looks like OP struck gold

NCRich

I don't know about this Sky watch but the JK factory 21j models do come 28.8. It could be that is the movement they are using. Just a thought.

Wriggles

It is not high beat!

If they're entry level it's highly unlikely they'll be high beat.

Josh seems to be making a bit of a dogs dinner with some of his listings too. A watch on M2M recently caused confusion as it was described as 2813, 25J, 28800?? Sounds like he needs to get his act together tbh.

Possibly this may be the dreaded Z2 movement? http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=104215

doodoowah57

What a f@#% dilemma with my first go with PC ... totally unexpected.

I could give him the benefit of the doubt ... why would he risk screwing his reputation over a couple of reps

And of course, it could be high-beat as factory can install one movement and indicate to the seller that it is something else all-together ... sheeeesh

doodoowah57

update: now I'm being told that the testing machine was not reset and he will re-process the order

greg_r

I could give him the benefit of the doubt ... why would he risk screwing his reputation over a couple of reps

He wouldn't - it's not worth the fallout. If he's telling you something about the watch, then he's telling you what he believes to be true. Bear in mind, however, that he doesn't actually see the watch himself as he's not in mainland China - QC and despatch are handled by employees based in GZ, so sometimes he doesn't have all the info.

update: now I'm being told that the testing machine was not reset and he will re-process the order

Ah, well there you go. Good.

doodoowah57

I fully understand that he is not responsible for WHAT is in the watch .. he is only reiterating what he is being told by the factory

I definitely do not want to end up with the POS Z2 movement

black263

He wouldn't - it's not worth the fallout. If he's telling you something about the watch, then he's telling you what he believes to be true. Bear in mind, however, that he doesn't actually see the watch himself as he's not in mainland China - QC and despatch are handled by employees based in GZ, so sometimes he doesn't have all the info.

Ah, well there you go. Good.

If the testing machine wasn't reset, you just get garbage. This is a timegraph picture of a low beat watch being tested with the setting at 28800. Display is all over the place, and you can't get a reading of the secs/day error.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=101188

TG2_zps08qq9gks.jpg

The only way you can get a sensible reading in that situation is to have paused the timegrapher after testin a hi-beat, and then photographed the low beat watch in front of the frozen display.

Genius

I know its not Josh himself but its pure laziness from his staff there is definite history of Perfect Clones doing this on an ongoing basis and if you cant trust the QC what is the point in even sending it.

Back in October Josh told me he would speak to the guys and tighten up the QC process it clearly hasn't happened!

doodoowah57

I've read the many posts explaining the good and bad of the testing results ... I'm concerned with the following:

1. that testing results shown are not for my particular watch and my watch was never tested; and that "something smells really fishy"

2. if the results are indeed for my watches, then I could end up with the POS Z2 movement beating 28800; which I have gathered is much worse than the cheap 2813

Genius

I've read the many posts explaining the good and bad of the testing results ... I'm concerned with the following:

1. that testing results shown are not for my particular watch and my watch was never tested; and that "something smells really fishy"

2. if the results are indeed for my watches, then I could end up with the POS Z2 movement beating 28800; which I have gathered is much worse than the cheap 2813

my guess is it will just be a fake QC pic, can you see a red light on the time-graph machine by any chance?

Check this thread http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=101188 when I look back at mine you can see the pause light faintly as the watch has been positioned to hide it but just doesn't do it that well

doodoowah57

Yes, I do see the red light to the right of the display screen ... on the bright side, the readings are different on both watches

doodoowah57

my guess is it will just be a fake QC pic, can you see a red light on the time-graph machine by any chance?

Check this thread http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=101188 when I look back at mine you can see the pause light faintly as the watch has been positioned to hide it but just doesn't do it that well

After reading your thread (three times), am I to understand that when the red light is on; it isn't a good sign ???